Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2003 sorento
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day to all, I'm a newbie at this so bear with me. Like everyone I'm looking for answers to a question and the question is; I've had a flat battery and when I replaced it after charging car wouldn't start, found blown fuse (memory)replaced it car starts but when I move shifter into gear fuse blows. Then after doing this for a few times the gear lever was stuck in park position I got it out of park and got car started in neutral runs fine until I go to reverse or park position and fuse blows again. Is ECU telling me something and I'm not listening or what? Any ideas

·
Registered
2012 Cerato/Forte Hatch SI
184 Posts
G'Day mate, from a fellow Aussie.:D I'm not a mechanic so I can't help you but I'm sure somebody will be along who can assist.:D Meanwhile welcome to the Forum!!!:D

·
Registered
2003 sorento
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
G'day again, I've found the problem so you all can stop pulling your hair out looking for a solution to my woes. It was a short in the trailer connection(which my brother kindly installed while I was at work) gives a new definition to the term " dodgy brothers guaranteed first class job", needless to say he now has three feet on him, two on his legs and one up his backside. So life goes on as they say and I'll keep watching for further KIA fixes. Cheers....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts