Kia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another question about economy, but being in England it'll be the diesel Sorento I'll be looking to buy. Can anybody tell me roughly how many mpg I will really get from a diesel Sorento? The brochure says about 36 combined town & motorway, but I've heard horror stories about it being more like 20 - 25. With the price of fuel over here being so high, that's not good enough. Any experiences?

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by Murphwiz@Sep 7 2004, 02:12 PM
I'm told with the auto 5 speed, 30-35mpg should be achievable without trying too hard.
Many thanks Murphwiz. That's good news. Did this information come from someone who owns a diesel Sorento? On another subject, the car magazines say that the ride is too firm in the Sorento - minor road bumps are felt too much in the car. Is that other people's experience?

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Many thanks for all your help, but sorry to say I've gone for a Nissan X-Trail; I found the basic Sorento just a little too basic. The X-Trail gives me a lot of extra bits & pieces, including an excellent sun-roof, plus some added fuel economy. Perhaps not quite the "road presence", but I'm not fussed about that.
Enjoy your Sorentos!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.