Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Kia Optima
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just an FYI for people who like to tinker--
There's an LED strip center rear taillamp that is compatible and fits perfectly to replace the bulb type, which burns out quite often. And it looks cooler.

Also there are different badges for front/rear/steering wheel that makes the car look very nice....

Last thing--I know the headlights on the optima are not that great. Mine always seemed aimed right at the road so I couldn't even see street signs.
Get and HID conversion kit! It was so much easier to hook up than I ever thought it would be, and it makes driving at night a whole different experience. I've even followed my friends and they say they do not glare like some do!

Don't use LED bulbs for your fog lights. You can see them but they don't help you see.

If anybody has stuff to add... please do. I'm always looking for something to do without making the car look tacky. Functionality/Performance is great!

·
Registered
07 Optima 2.4L
109 Posts
You are so right, Rokery2. The HID goes right into the factory low-beam projectors, after drilling the 1-inch hole in the dust caps, and focuses the light with the proper cut-off to avoid blinding oncoming drivers. I also added the LED factory replacement 3rd-brake light which was an easy install, as was the new Korean badges and wheel inserts.

I finally chose the acrylic gold Tigris emblems but the stylish K looks great too. I decided to put the LEDs in my overhead lamps, as well, and have thought about them in my license plate and back-up lamps. The newest bulbs are so much brighter.

I also wired in the 3-way Kabis Korean side mirror covers, which act as amber LED running lights, then flash with the turn signals. These are made with under-mirror puddle lights, which come on when the door is opened, if you run the wiring into the door lamp or under dash footlamp circuits. Be sure to log onto the KGIS Kia service website for pictures and color-coded wiring diagrams as needed.

·
Registered
2007 Optima 2.7
10 Posts
I know this is an old post, but I am looking to upgrade my peeling side mirrors with the 3 way housing. I current side mirror are the heated manual folding style. As KGIS is no longer a free service. If this upgrade something that is drop in, with the exception of the puddle lights. Or do you have to wire everything to get these to work as 3 way.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts