Kia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 342 Posts

·
Registered
06 Sedona LX, 06 Sedona EX, 14 Forte EX, 11 Sportage EX, 11 Forte 5-door SX, 15 K900 VIP+
1,143 Posts
Yes, it is "plug and play". Nothing special required at the dealer (that I know of). Isn't drive-by-wire great?

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio
85 Posts
WOW i was just about to write a review. I bought this part 2 weeks ago. Im the one who asked the seller to order the parts in the first place.Amazing guy there listed for $136 but he gave them to me for $125. To answer your question it is a plug and play i just installed mine in 30min. Its not hard as long as you have a few tools and if you dont then dont let someone rip you off. Its really easy. I usually average 33MPG but using it today im getting 42MPG and thats with it being a little chilly

·
Registered
07 Optima 2.4L
109 Posts
OEM Rio Cruise Control

What an amazing and simple upgrade to add factory cruise control...well worth the price for comfort and improved fuel economy during long trips.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio 5-Door LX
301 Posts
It is amazing that the kit is only half the price of the aftermarket kit and is better integrated by putting the controls in the steering wheel rather than having another stick on the side.

Even for the $136 I think it is a steel.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio
85 Posts
I have an automatic trans so i cant speak for the manual trans. My friend has a 2012 Veloster and he has to put his car in neutral for cruise to work. I put mine into neutral while cruse was on and it canceled the set. To be safe go to a dealership and ask if there are any special switches that go to the clutch and check to see if the clock springs are the same

·
Registered
2013 Soul+ Shadow, 1970 Opel GT 1.9 CIH 4M
142 Posts
Nice

WOW i was just about to write a review. I bought this part 2 weeks ago. Im the one who asked the seller to order the parts in the first place.Amazing guy there listed for $136 but he gave them to me for $125. To answer your question it is a plug and play i just installed mine in 30min. Its not hard as long as you have a few tools and if you dont then dont let someone rip you off. Its really easy. I usually average 33MPG but using it today im getting 42MPG and thats with it being a little chilly
This is excellent news for Rio owners who don't have cruise, as cruise control has always been a deal breaker for me. Depending on your driving habits you can definitely get better gas mileage with the cruise control on. My last trip from Syracuse, NY to Rochester, NY about 93 miles (relatively flat, Cruise ON) I averaged well over 40 MPG (70 MPH) and confirmed that figure on the way back with a fill-up. My average mileage out and back was 41.2 MPG. A/C was OFF with windows closed and fresh air through the vents. 68 Deg F - 71 Deg F.

This was outstanding work on your part Caleb because I initially assumed a servo and linkage would also be required, but that is definitely not the case. This is an absolute steal ;)

·
Registered
'13 Rio5 // LX Clear White w/ Pwr Pkg
83 Posts
Im going to look into this for sure, seems like a worthwhile mod. Has anyone done a "how-to" on the install for this?

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio 5-Door LX
301 Posts
I actually order the parts and if I happen to figure it out I could post some updates and pictures. The other guys who ordered might be willing to do the same.

I googled around a bit and from what I saw you have to

- either disconnect the battery or unplug the honk fuse
- remove the bolts from the back that hold the air bag
- remove the screws that hold the controls on the steering wheel

I found the video on YouTube that might give some ideas.

·
Registered
83 Posts
awesome! I'd love if you could take some pix of the install along the way! thanks for the video link, going to watch it now.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Just bought mine! I'll take pix of the install, that video seems to cover most of it, minus plugging in the harness. It is estimated to arrive around May 23-May 31. I drive 40 miles round trip to work, with 34 of it being on the freeway. I can't wait to get this and install it!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Bummer, I just received this email this morning...
Hello,

I'm sorry to inform you that the extension wire for non-heated steering is not arrived yet from Hyundai. It will take more times to receive the extension wire. Once I receive the extension wire, I will send your item immediately. (**except for extension wire, all other items are ready to send). Please wait a few more days. I will keep you posted.

Thanks in advance for your understanding.

I'm not sure what "a few more times to receive the extension wire" means though. :/

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio 5-Door LX
301 Posts
I got the same message. I've been driving without cruise control for the longest time in my life. I guess I can wait a bit longer.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio
85 Posts
When i asked him to order the parts he sent me an email 2 weeks later saying he had the parts but got the wrong wiring and then had to wait another 2 weeks. But as soon as he got it he shipped it and it even came a few day earlier than i thought

·
Registered
83 Posts
I asked him for a refund since he didnt know when the parts would be coming in. Anither reason was because I bought the item under the impression that all parts were in stock because he didnt specify otherwise. To my surprise I was promptly issued a refund two hours later! He was very cordial about it, which made me feel good. I replied asking him to let me know when all parts are in, and I'd be happy to order from him.

1 - 20 of 342 Posts