Kia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Kia Sedona
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I bought a genuine Kia DVD player system off Ebay at the begining of September which after fitting it all out had a problem, I then went through Ebay/PayPals resolution centre and ended up with only part of my money back (but still have the DVD player, I mailed the seller and said is it ok if I buy another screen to fit the dvd player, he said yes.

So I go and order a another screen from an online shop as soon as I paid the shop was suspended by ebay and I thought Hmm I paid by PayPal so they won't have processed my money (wrong) so now I have to wait 10 days before I can start claiming my money back from Ebay/Paypal) this is down to their stupid system which is meant to give the seller time to send it too me, even though they cancelled the auction!

In the meantime not knowing that they wouldn't give me my money back straight away I ordered another screen. Well blow me but as soon as I'd paid for this one they suspended that sellers account too! But this time the screen is delivered (allegedly a new screen but all the mounts are fitted to it and no protective layer over the screen itself and when I remove the mount, the mounting plate is scratched. Hmm this is another dud I thinks to myself? Guess what, yup this is a dud. The screen doesn't even switch on. So I try e-mailing this seller and so far no reply, thank god this time I bought items that were covered in full by PayPals guarantee (unless of course by pulling the auction they can try claiming it was nothing to do with them!)

So in the end I will hopefully get my money back but the hassle I've had so far in getting this DVD system to work has been stressful!

I've now found a shop near where I work that I can actually go into and buy a screen at a reasonable price (guess where I shall be going)

A little tip for prospective Ebay purchasers, PayPal have two types of guarantee one only covers upto £105 maximum the other upto £500 if the item you're going to buy is over £105 make sure it is covered by the other insurance. If it isn't walk away, if it all goes wrong as it has in my case then you will not get all of your money back!

·
Registered
2003 Kia Sedona
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, no reason given, under Ebays privacy rules they will not comment on actions taken by themselves with other members.

Ebay have been great, they have kept in contact and replied to my e-mails, I'm just frustrated about having to wait and follow their procedures before I can start getting my money back.

I find having to wait 10 days before I can even start resolution proceedings with PayPal as a daft idea when Ebay cancel the auction and here is their quote

Please be advised that the following listing:

5814259269 - PowerPack 8" TFT LCD Flip Down Car Monitor / TV /Screen

has been removed from eBay. The seller is no longer a registered user.

Since this listing was removed, you are not required to complete the
transaction.

Regards,

Customer Support (Trust and Safety Department)
eBay Inc
Which is fine, but as I had bought the item with Buy it Now and paid straight away it left me in a really shitty position, because I'd have thought the whole transaction would have been cancelled!

·
Registered
2003 Kia Sedona
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ahh 54flx can see my point, them being to all intents and purposes the same company why can't they coordinate things so i hadn't had to pay for this item once Ebay had cancelled the auction.

If I bought an item from an auction house here in the Uk and the auction was cancelled for some reason then my money would have been returned to me straight away.

Never mind I'm only muttering cos the buggers have peed me off.

·
Registered
Sedona 2.9 crdi LE
244 Posts
They make the interest on the money while it is in their bank account so whats the rush to refund it..... No doubt Ebay will have lost money on this trader as well so until all good transactions have been seperated from bad you will be left waiting, frustrating I know.

I symperthise (spelling) with you. I had a simular experience with Ebay and a Gameboy some years back.

Takes time but hopefully you will be fully refunded.

Simon

·
Registered
562 Posts
Hello Pepper,

I to sympathise with you and you were caught twice.

What I didn't relise untill Simon mention it was Paypal was still owned by E-bay.
I thought they had sold it on.
Seacam

·
Registered
562 Posts
Hello,

What am I thinking of, yes your right, they bought it, not sold it.

Oh well no conflict of interest there then.

Perhasp I'm being a tad unjust, Pepper says all money will be returned or most of it and E-bay have been on the ball.
Seacam

·
Registered
2003 Kia Sedona
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well the story continues, yesterday I was finally able to start proceedings with PayPal to get my money back;

Seller of screen number 1 had sent me an e-mail saying that PayPAl still held the money and for me to start proceedings with PayPAl to get my money back.

Seller of screen number 2 has decided to dispute the proceedings, the wierd part is PayPal have a procedure where I start proceedings then they mail the seller to ask him his comments on what I have said. He has a chance to reply which I am supposed to be able to read but it has gone straight past that part to the next stage where an independent person judges it.

I have mailed PayPal asking them why they have not followed their own procedures?

Seller number 2 in the meantime has today sent me an e-mail giving a receipt number saying it is in the post (No it isn't it is sitting here on my table) he has a tracking number with DHL he can check).

Today I went to the shop I had mentioned earlier and bought a new screen over the counter, it's an 8" with a screen by Sharp sold by Lilliput. got home plugged it in and bingo it all works so all I can do now is sit with my fingers crossed hoping that PayPal decide in my favour. :57:

·
Registered
2003 Kia Sedona
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well finally, PayPal adjudicated in my favour over the last screen which the seller had contested.
I now have to send the item back to him and then PayPal will give me my money back, as long as he agrees that it's in original condition!

So I'm not there yet. :(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts