Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Rondo EX Premium, 2007 Toyota Yaris
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2011 and it's black, I have had the car about a month now and were really enjoying it. It's more my wife's car but we use it as the family car on the weekends.
Anyway, I am finding that the car seems to scratch easy. We just sold our VW golf which was also black and I didn't seem to find that issue.

Is anyone finding that the Rondo scratches easily?
Can anyone recommend a product that covers or masks scratches?

thanks

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,532 Posts
owned a Rondo for four years never encountered the problem, however, it was not black, it was Aqua Silver.

·
Registered
'08 Kia Rondo LX V-6 5seat, '01 Honda Odyssey EX, '01 Mazda Miata, '95 Mercury Grand Marquis LS
147 Posts
How deep is your scratch? Is it just partway through the paint, or is it all the way down to bare metal? Our experience is similar to conwel's with our 2008 Rondo - but it is that metallic gold color, so the paint is not a direct comparison. The recommendation on how to proceed changes based on the depth of the imperfection.

·
Registered
2010 KIA Rondo LX
21 Posts
Same problem

I have Rondo 2010 LX Black with only 25000km.

I did make the paint treatment to protect it directly from the dealer and by simply washing the car I scratch the paint. There is certainly a problem. I send you some pictures very soon.

How to prove that it is the fault of KIA?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll take a few pics as well.
This one scratch was made by my wife's canon camera so it's not like it was keys or something.
Anyway, I'll upload some pics.

·
Registered
2008 Kia Rondo EX V6
20 Posts
I have an 08 ex v6, and I have also found the paint to be rather on the thin side. I have the dark grey (forget the name) and the front of the car has enough little chips in it that I'm considering painting and clear coating it my self. I used to paint aircraft for a shop called Skyharbour, and we used a poly-urathane paint. Man I would love to get some of that for the Rondo!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have a 2010 Black Rondo and the paint is terrible. Lots of scratches and pits. Very thin paint. Overall I am very disappointed in my Kia, and would sell it and take the loss if I could afford it. I bought it new hoping it would be a reliable long lasting car, but I think I made a bad mistake. I would never buy another Kia.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
that sucks that you feel that way.
I wife really likes this car and I do to but she is enjoying it more as she drives it more.
I hope that we have a good over all experience with it. Only time will tell.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts