Kia Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a sedona se 54 with infa red headphones for dvd player. is it possible to get sound out of car stereo speakers.and how easy is it to do. been quoted £200 quid :liebe011:

·
Registered
2003 Kia Sedona
403 Posts
I was thinking along similar lines too.

Ebay Fm Modulator

Ignore my post about my problem, Ebays normally great, this is a company who a lot of other people have used around here.

TG online are a good company.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I would go for an FM modulator but currently use our PC creative 2.1 speakers plugged into the invertor - not an ideal solution but out of bits and peices we already had lying around. those infra red headphones are rubbish they give the kids headaches hardly everwork if your head moves and cost a fortune in batteries. the only advantage is that we can talk about them whilst they are watching a dvd :D

·
Registered
391 Posts
the ones I have seen take audi jacks, memory cards, usb, and possibly an Ipod connection (maybe through usb too??) it plugs into the ciggarette lighter and you "transmit" the FM radio system and merely tune the radio into that frequency eg 95.8... they are not really legal in the UK - although they are very short range and I am sure lots of people use them.

these ones are only 12.99

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FM-MODULATOR-IN-CAR-...1QQcmdZViewItem

this one has a lot more details about it and how to use it.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MP3-USB-CD-DVD-iPOD-...1QQcmdZViewItem

edit: not memory cards USB keys sorry :)

·
Registered
Sedona 2.9 crdi LE
245 Posts
Would not recommend FM modulator. Some are better than others but nothing is better than hard wire.

See here Click here for my very successful job.

If you need anymore advise or help use the email in my profile.

Regards

Simon

·
Registered
562 Posts
Hello Tim,

Modulators are c**p, hardwire is best.

Infra red headphones = stonking headaches at least with me.
Seacam

·
Registered
2003 Kia Sorento
606 Posts
This is a factory DVD player? I'm pretty sure there is already an FM modulator mounted behind the glove box. Play with the radio stations while a DVD is playing and you should find one that will play the DVD audio. I think it's 88.somthing.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
2 types of FM modulator.
1 uses a box of tricks mounted inline of the aerial for the head unit, this is what Kia supply for DVD players.
Other is the (illegal in UK) FM modulator transmitter.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Originally posted by Murphwiz@Sep 28 2005, 08:38 PM
2 types of FM modulator.
1 uses a box of tricks mounted inline of the aerial for the head unit, this is what Kia supply for DVD players.
Other is the (illegal in UK) FM modulator transmitter.
Normally fitted with a switch, often found on the panel below the rear wash wipe button, enables you to turn fm off and use headphones.
Was an option, so unless you asked for it, you wouldn't have got it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks for your help :banana: sorted it out hardwire is best. even connected my i pod into system with some help from a sound technian :liebe011:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts