Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sedona LX
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was just wondering if anyone has installed DVD headrest monitors in their 2011 Sedona LX. I ordered the AUTOTAIN Dual 9 inch digital monitors from onfair.com and should receive them next week. I've watched a few installation videos and they make it seem easy but I was just wondering if anyone had any real world experience installing them. Once I receive the headrests I'll document and post my progress with pics and tips. Thanks.

·
Registered
06 Sedona LX, 06 Sedona EX, 14 Forte EX, 11 Sportage EX, 11 Forte 5-door SX, 15 K900 VIP+
1,143 Posts
I bought a set of portable DVD players from Walmart, purchased some cables to make the stock cables longer, purchased a power switch for the front seat - then mounted everything. I ran the power wires from behind the dash, up inside both seats and exiting out at the base of the headrest poles. I ran the AV cable under the carpet between the seats, and again, up through the seats and exiting out at the base of the headrest poles. Cost me about $175 total. There are no exposed wires except from the base of the headrest to the side of each monitor.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sedona LX
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Finally received the headrest DVD players and wouldn't you know it, they sent me the wrong sized power adapters. I contacted them today so hopefully the replacement gets here soon and I can get this installation going. Better be before the beginning of May so I can have something to keep the kids quiet during the trip. Don't want to hear any "are we there yets".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts