Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 2011 Sorento EX with the factory DVD system. Yesterday, on a trip with our grandchildren the unit would not power up. We stopped at a Kia dealership in New Jersey and they were able to reboot the system to get it on. The service manager said this has happened on a few cars before and we should schedule a service visit at the dealership were we bought the car since the unit may need to be replaced . Anyone else experience the problem and what was the permanent fix?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DVD Entertainment Problem

Does anyone know the protocol required by Kia before the DVD unit is replaced? Do you need several failures at powering up before the OK is given to change out the unit?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Our rear DVD unit just went out as well, the car is less then 2yrs old but over the 36k miles warranty. We've complained multiple times about the intermittent problems, to which, they "couldn't replicate". Each time, same thing, nothing was fixed. Now, the system refuses to power on and officially broken. Now I'm told we'd need to pay for a new unit and not covered under warranty, how convenient.

Additionally, because the rear entertainment system was a 1yr feature, there are very few Techs that have seen the system. In fact, the first time we brought the vehicle in to check out the problem, the Master Tech told me that Kia Sorento did not come with rear dvd systems and the system we had was aftermarket. I then showed him the window sticket and also asked him why the "aftermarket" system displayed the Kia Motors logo on boot?

Between the problems we've had with the Navigation system and the rear entertainment, and the absolute crap Kia service, we won't be buying a Kia again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts