Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Kia Optima LX 2.4
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 2014 Kia Optima and was told when I bought it that it needed a new fan, so I bought the fan, put it in correctly and the new fan still won’t come on, any suggestions would be great!!!

·
Registered
2011 Forte SX 2.4L (thankfully MPI) A/T 144K miles
1,318 Posts
Check the fuse first and then, if it's ok, test at the cooling fan relays with a multimeter.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sportage. SX with AWD. 2.0L Direct Injected Turbocharged & Intercooled Gas.
636 Posts
Did you 'hot wire' it out of the box to be assured it was not DOA?
If not, try to hot wire it unplugged first, with a 12v power source.
If it runs, then switch your air flow knob in the vehicle to full windshield defrost / defog and push the A/C button on.
It should come on under this condition. Have the hood open and the engine running when you do this.....
Good Luck!

·
Registered
2014 Kia Optima LX 2.4
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I recently bought a 2014 Kia Optima and was told when I bought it that it needed a new fan, so I bought the fan, put it in correctly and the new fan still won’t come on, any suggestions would be great!!!
Check the fuse first and then, if it's ok, test at the cooling fan relays with a multimeter.
Did all that and everything checked out, fan still don’t work!!!

·
Registered
2011 Forte SX 2.4L (thankfully MPI) A/T 144K miles
1,318 Posts
Did all that and everything checked out, fan still don’t work!!!
No clue what 'all that' is. We're not looking over your shoulder while you work, so you need to post exactly what you did, in order for anyone here to be able to try helping you. But if you don't want to invest the time required to do that, then good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts