Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sportage Ex
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2011 Sportage Ex. My heat is not working on the passenger side. It's just blowing out cold air. If anyone can help, your attention is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have 2011 Sportage Ex. My heat is not working on the passenger side. It's just blowing out cold air. Visit AutoGuysLand to review how to fix overcharged car ac if you may concern. If anyone can help, your attention is greatly appreciated.
Take a look at passenger's side temperature blend door actuator and replace if necessary. Hopefully it helps.

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,866 Posts
I just saw a youtube video on a VW with the exact same problem... The HVAC controller (in the VW) measures the temperature at the outlet on both sides and then adjusts the level of heat or cold to bring the desired temperature to what you selected... If the sensor goes bad and says the temperature is TOO high the HVAC controller then adjusts the blend door to compensate for the TOO high temp it believes it is seeing trying to COOL that side down .

In that video the cure was to replace that temperature sensor... the HVAC controller then saw the actual temperature desired and did not try to add cold/cool air...

Lots of crazy stuff happens when today's electronics get the wrong info...

Keep us posted on what you find/found...
Dave

1 - 3 of 3 Posts