Kia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2009 SW. For the past few weeks I have noticed when in high gear and travelling at low speed, so the engine is labouring a bit, a drumming sound coming from what appears to be underneath the front. As the revs build up the drumming goes.
I've had it on ramps and checked that the exhaust is free to vibrate and found a loose heat shield which has been re-secured. I fitted new front drop links the other day as a side issue but the drumming was there prior to their change.
I need it in the air again and remove the lower engine shield and have a bar on engine and gearbox mounts. It is that kind of noise.
I know it's under warranty but I detest going through the palava of booking in, leaving the vehicle, going back to collect and then going through it all again when they get the bits.
Any ideas/experience anyone?

·
Registered
RIP :( 2010 Pro_Cee'd - Infra Red 2
863 Posts
Are you sure you haven't picked up an illegal immigrant? :lol:
Sorry, useless post, just my odd humour kicked in & had to respond.

·
Registered
Kia Ceed
281 Posts
I know it's under warranty but I detest going through the palava of booking in, leaving the vehicle, going back to collect and then going through it all again when they get the bits.
What alternative is there. If you want it fixing under warranty you have to take it to the garage.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I fitted new front drop links the other day as a side issue but the drumming was there prior to their change.
Why. Drop links are covered by the warranty providing the car has been correctly serviced.

Is the car really still under warranty?

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,236 Posts
2009 SW. For the past few weeks I have noticed when in high gear and travelling at low speed, so the engine is labouring a bit, a drumming sound coming from what appears to be underneath the front. As the revs build up the drumming goes.
Run over any marching bands lately? :p (Sorry, had to say it).

Why so slow in a high gear? What RPM?

·
Registered
Ceed SW 1.6 LX Fresh
149 Posts
Mine is building up the noise around 3 000 rpm`s, was at the garage and no one can figure it out what is the problem, so they said it is normal feature on CEED...

I am also having a strong rattle noise as misaligned valves around 3 000 rpm`s.

This is also one of the features....

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Relented and got it to the dealers today.

They found this lot:

(do watch it all they're good!)

Seriously, they found that the anti roll bar D bushes were worn as was a wishbone bush.

Actually got to speak to the mechanic who had just lifted the car on the ramp and he was gratefull for a discussion about the exact symptoms.

All parts on order so it looks like a re visit. Also looked at the reversing sensors and found 2 were dicky (will update separate post).

·
Registered
Ceed CRDI LS
45 Posts
How many miles has your car done Fullchat?
Mine is on 72K (2008 1.6 CRDi 5 door hatch) and recently had a droplink and rear wheel bearing under warranty.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just coming up to 30.000 miles on an 09 plate. Not a lot of miles really to warrant those parts requiring replacement. She's had 2 front drop links. The OS one had gone so I replaced them both. The would have been a warranty job but it was quicker to do them myself - or so I thought :eek:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts