Kia Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2007 kia rio
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bought a 2007 kia rio a few months back. with in a couple of days i noticed a sound from the rear brake, drivers side. jacked the car up and i could hardly turn the wheel. i took off the drum and the brake shoes looked great. adjusted the shoes, both sides. after a few weeks i heard a squeal from the rear when slowing down, not all the time. jacked the car up and sure enough the rear drivers side wheel again was hard to turn. i pulled the drum off again and everything looked good. went and bought a new set of shoes but just did the drivers side, figuring the shoes looked as good as the new ones. thought the drivers side was adjusted wrong and glazed them. took it for a ride and then the passengers side would skid when i hit the brakes, so i did the passengers side, now everything is good. im thinking some how they got glazed but they have as much meat on them as the new ones. now im thinking maybe i should go ahead and change the springs but the car only has 55,000 miles on it. any one else have had this problem. by the way i was able to easley push each wheel cylinder piston so none of them are stuck. any way to check the springs to see if there bad and lost the tension.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts