Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Sorento SXL
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guys looking for a straight drop in dry cell battery for my sorently. it's a 2015 2.4L LX. not looking to cut wires or relocate any connectors, just want to drop the battery in.

I tried the Odyssey battery speced for Sorento but it didnt work out. Though the battery itself fit into the tray, due to the top of the battery not being flat/even, the connectors wouldn't connect properly/slide all the way down on the battery posts.

what are my options?

·
Registered
Sorento SX AWD 2015
474 Posts
Go toe a battery supplier which has Group type chart search. Walmart & Canadian tire has this. The replacement must be the same group for drop in fitting. Some others may fit but you'd have to research the differences.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sportage. SX with AWD. 2.0L Direct Injected Turbocharged & Intercooled Gas.
213 Posts
Good choice with going with a glass mat battery! Sears used to make one under the Die Hard Platinum name plate.
I owned one and it provided superior performance for over 10 years. I changed it out just under principle. The Optima glass mats do not have a good reputation....they sit around to long. Most people don't want to spend the extra monies on these types of batteries, but if your keeping your car a long time they do have a pay back!

·
Registered
2017 Sorento SXL
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good choice with going with a glass mat battery! Sears used to make one under the Die Hard Platinum name plate.
I owned one and it provided superior performance for over 10 years. I changed it out just under principle. The Optima glass mats do not have a good reputation....they sit around to long. Most people don't want to spend the extra monies on these types of batteries, but if your keeping your car a long time they do have a pay back!
but which battery model specifically fits perfectly? that's what im looking to find out. some spec sheet say battery will fit but it actually doesnt.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sportage. SX with AWD. 2.0L Direct Injected Turbocharged & Intercooled Gas.
213 Posts
Go to the Sears website and try to match your requirement there!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts