Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Sorento 2013 SX with Nav
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a 2013 SX with NAV and my phone won't pair all the time, it seems to be hit or miss.

I have figured out that if I turn off the Bluetooth on the phone and turn it back on, the car will pair with my phone.

Looking for suggestions on how to fix this.

thanks!

·
Registered
2012 Sorento SX, 2011 Sportage EX
119 Posts
Same exact issue but with my iPhone 4s. I know it's not the phone as my phone pairs 100% of the time in my wife's 2011 sportage w/nav.

·
Registered
2012 Sorento SX
108 Posts
I have the same issue, but I believe it is a phone issue. My last phone a Droid Pro worked with the bluetooth flawlessly. I lost the phone and got a replacement (same Droid Pro) and now I have the problem occasionally.

·
Registered
2012 Sorento SX
4 Posts
Most of the time my phone (LG Octane) connects automatically but several times I've noticed that it doesn't connect. Unless I get an incoming call or try to place a call, I don't notice that it didn't connect. I can go to "Settings" and press "Connections", choose my phone and press the "Connect" button and it connects right away so it's not having a problem connecting, it just isn't doing it automatically. Now I check every time I get in the car to see if my phone connected. Also, the "Priority" feature doesn't work when both my phone and my wife's phone are in the car at the same time. If it connects to any phone at all, it connects to the last one that it had connected to, not the phone set as priority. There is a TSB ELE-036 that upgrades the SW for another reason, but the dealer would not upgrade the SW in my unit to see if that would fix the problem. Instead they replaced the NAV unit with the same SW. I still have the trouble. Does anyone know of a KIA dealer in Southern Calif that is "friendly" to KIA owners?

·
Registered
2011 Sorento 2.4L LX AWD, Blue Jeans
7 Posts
do you have any other phone that is paired to your car? try to prioritize each phone (something to that effect, not sure of the exact term). just a thought.

·
Registered
Kia Sorento 2013 SX with Nav
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I do have another phone paired, my phone is #1 and his is #2, His phone is almost never in the car, and has not been in the car when I am having this trouble.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts