Kia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Sorento LX V6 AWD
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 Sorento LX that has the strip of LED’s in the bottom of the headlights but they only come on when the parking lights or headlights are turned on. Does anyone know if there is a way to make these a full time DRL so that they are on even when the marker and headlights are off?

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sorento LX 3.3L GDI V6 - FWD (Sparkling Silver)
160 Posts
I have a 2019 Sorento LX that has the strip of LED’s in the bottom of the headlights but they only come on when the parking lights or headlights are turned on. Does anyone know if there is a way to make these a full time DRL so that they are on even when the marker and headlights are off?
Amen to that!!!!! I hate it, hate it so much! If they weren't there i wouldn't care about it as much, but the fact that i have some gorgeous LEDs that i cant use is what grinds my gears. Kia really dropped the ball on this

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sorento LX V6 AWD
10 Posts
I agree that those LED's should be DRLs, I was disappointed to find out they barely have a purpose. If you do a forum search you will find that a number of people over the last few years have asked this question, and a few people have done the work to make them light up all the time.

It involved cutting and splicing the wiring harness, and running to an add-a-fuse in the fuse box under the hood, and may create a warranty issue if you develop problems in the electrical system. I decided it wasn't worth it, but it is possible to do.

·
Premium Member
2019 KIA Sorento SX - 3.3L GDi V6 - AWD
955 Posts
They are used as DRLs in Canada however.

Richard

·
Registered
2019 Sorento LX V6 AWD
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree that those LED's should be DRLs, I was disappointed to find out they barely have a purpose. If you do a forum search you will find that a number of people over the last few years have asked this question, and a few people have done the work to make them light up all the time.

It involved cutting and splicing the wiring harness, and running to an add-a-fuse in the fuse box under the hood, and may create a warranty issue if you develop problems in the electrical system. I decided it wasn't worth it, but it is possible to do.
I guess I should have ponied up and got an ex model!!

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sorento LX 3.3L GDI V6 - FWD (Sparkling Silver)
160 Posts
I guess I should have ponied up and got an ex model!!
I didn't even consider that to be a factor. Who would eliminate a DRL on a specific trim that seems to be more expensive than keeping them across all models. This is the same company that made 3rd row seats standard so who would think... Just foolish

1 - 12 of 12 Posts