Kia Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a driving instructor and bought a brand new 1.1 LX in September 2004.
At the beginning of the driving test, the examiner may ask the learner to show how they check the headlights and tail lights. If a bulb has just blown he will not allow the car to be used for the test until the fault is repaired. He allows just 5 minutes. Do you know how long it takes to change a bulb ? And the spare wheel ?
If you get a puncture on the way to the test centre, the foam stuff is not allowed and since you may be asked to drive at upto 70 on a dual carriageway, it's not safe, either. My seat adjuster is broken, as is the handbrake ratchet, both hopefully being sorted under warranty on Monday. The engine 'knocks' like it's got a tappett gone when starting in the mornings. Would I recommend a Picanto for a driving school car, not if your business depends on it. When I change mine it will be replaced by a Toyota, dearer but infinitely better.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by Murphwiz@Jul 28 2005, 11:39 PM
Learn something new everyday!
Just thinking abvout that, a valid point, but what happens when you only get a spacesaver in the car? limited to 50mph, it's quite rare to get a full size spare these days even on a small car :eek:
No, they don't allow space-savers either. The secondary speedo on Toyotas, etc is thrown in free if you are buying a car for driving school purposes, as part of a driving school programme. I don't think KIA has such a programme at the moment but it ought to, as this is quite a big market for car sales. I've had a couple of my ex-students go and buy Picantos due to driving mine for their lessons. It's an excellent car for private use but I'm disappointed with a few aspects of mine, for business.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.