Kia Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Kia Picanto
185 Posts
Hello
I know a couple of driving instructors who use the Picanto as their training vehicle and they both rate it highly.
The headlight problem is something you will experience in most modern cars, as dealers no longer have the monopoly on you getting your vehicle serviced there they need something to keep you coming back!
As for the spare wheel problem, you can purchase a spare wheel kit or as they did when purchasing the car they asked for one to be included with the purchase of the car for free - both received one!

Kevin.

·
Registered
2005 Kia Picanto
185 Posts
The bulb changing isnt part of the test but candidates are asked questions regarding vehicle maintenance, one where they are to tell the examiner how to perform a specific maintenance test and one where they must show the examiner how they would test something, for example;
Please tell me how you would check there was sufficient oil in the vehicle - you would then explain removing the dipstick etc.
and secondly please show me how you would test the vehicle's lights were working - this is the particular test when a bulb might have blown and the examiner would notice - the instructor is then given 5 minutes to rectify the problem - something not so easy to do within the time limit.

I think you can still get vehicles fitted with a dual speedo the Honda Jazz is another vehicle you can request an additional speedo.

Peugeot 206's are the latest on the Driving Standards Agency's hit list because when performing the emergency stop exercise the hazard lamps activate which in the UK is against the Highway Code, instructors must provide evidence that this feature has been disactivated.

Kevin.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.