Kia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Soul + automatic
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I bought my vehicle, I have never used the ECO button and never gotten less than 23 mph.

For the first time I drove in ECO mode when I was in the city and got a little over 21 mph. 85% of the driving was in the city.

Driving in ECO mode improving gas mileage never made sense to me. ECO mode keeps the engine a lower gear longer which puts more strain on the engine which uses more gas.

·
Registered
Subaru & Soul
6 Posts
Eco mode

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since I bought my 2011 Soul I have used the ECO button from time to time and never gotten less than 26 mpg but I sure don't see and real improvement in MPG as I do just as well if not better with ECO turned off I think.

And with the ECO off the Soul seems to me to have more zip for sure.

The only difference I see when I use the ECO button is that I think the shift points are lower RPM and it seems to free wheel with my foot off the gas.

I really haven't found in information on what the ECO setting changes in my Soul. Dose anyone have a link of info on just what parameter's are modified when the ECO system is on?

Thanks TJ (Seattle)

·
Registered
KIA Soul 2013
4 Posts
Only have 600 miles yet, but have used the ECO all the time. Avg around 27 with 75% city, 25% long strech driving. Now I am curious and will try the next tank with ECO off.

·
Registered
KIA Soul 2013
4 Posts
ECO Off!!

I had to try it. I was getting mid-27 mpg's ECO on. With ECO off I am getting mid-28 mpg's. This is according to the dash computer so I suppose all other parameters are the same. Same roads, travel times...

·
Registered
2014 Soul Base, Standard
15 Posts
I have the base model with standard transmission.

With ECO on, the transmission is tweaked for a predetermined "sweet" spot where you are supposed to shift to the next gear. Generally between 2500 and 3000 RPM's.

I have driven with ECO on and off and check the gas mileage an they are the same for my vehicle roughly 28. I think that may be due to the fact that I generally shift around 3000 RPM's any way

·
Registered
Titanium 2013 Soul 4U 2.4 Litre Coupe Mantronic Transmission Back Up Camera & UVO
94 Posts
In ECO, my 2013 Soul 4U consumes 9.3L/100 kms, without ECO I am 8.3L/100 kms. ECO Sucks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts