Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My center support bearing is worn out and I am trying to find a used one. Kia dealership said that the 2007-2009 2WD models have to replace the entire driveshaft because the center support bearing is not a serviceable part. Can anyone tell me if that is correct ? I bought a center support bearing online but my mechanic said he couldn’t remove the U JOINT because of some clips? Does the entire driveshaft have to be replaced ? I am having a hard time finding a 2007 model but 2008 & 2009 are more available . Will this work ? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
9,501 Posts
My center support bearing is worn out and I am trying to find a used one. Kia dealership said that the 2007-2009 2WD models have to replace the entire driveshaft because the center support bearing is not a serviceable part. Can anyone tell me if that is correct ? I bought a center support bearing online but my mechanic said he couldn’t remove the U JOINT because of some clips? Does the entire driveshaft have to be replaced ? I am having a hard time finding a 2007 model but 2008 & 2009 are more available . Will this work ? Thanks
Find another mechanic - not good practice to install used bearings.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was just attempting to get the entire driveshaft from a Pull a part, to save myself from having to pay 600.00 -700.00 for a new one, money I didn’t have! My mechanic didn’t advise me to do this, it was my idea. The point of my entire post was to see if the 2007-2009 driveshafts were interchangeable but thank you for responding nonetheless!

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Based on the part number for a 2007 (49100-3E951) it is the same for a 2008 and 2009.
By not serviceable they mean that the individual parts are not available for consumers. A good mechanic will know how to break down a DS and repair it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts