Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2000 Kia Sportage 4 door yesterday. I noticed today that the driver's window rolls down fine but gets stuck going back up. The glass gets cockeyed with the back going up slightly higher than the front. You can use your hand and straighten it then the window goes up sine. I've had cars in the past that did this and it was caused by a worn out bushing. Is it the same with the Sportage or is it something else?

·
Registered
2000 Sportage 4x4 , 1998 Saturn SC2
65 Posts
http://kiatechinfo.com/

Go here and join free, this is the Official Kia website. After joining go to " Service Info ", then select " model ", " Year ", " Body Electrical ", " Power Windows " , " Repair Proceedure ". You can get some info here.....Good Luck..

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a 99 sportage and am working on window issues now. I have taken the front electronic window lifter assembly out and cleaned it up. I did not notice many different ways to adjust/straighten anything out. But, there are two main bolts that attach the glass to the lifter in the center. I wonder if your problem is due to one of these bolts came loose or fell out, causing the window to lift off center. Pretty simple to get in there and check that out if you want. Just have to get the door panel off and roll the window down half way. That should allow you to see the lifter assembly. Hope it goes well!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts