Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2011 XM Sorento EX AWD V6
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks,
So backing out of my garage this AM I tagged my driver's side mirror. All looks ok and it functions but I ripped off and broke the cover to the turn signal lights.

My question is this, does anyone know if I can just buy the cover or do I need the whole mirror replacement. For either one, can you direct me to a site to possible purchase.

Also, anyone else having issues with the Auto HVAC sometimes not working.....:mad:

·
Registered
2013 Kia Sorento EX V6
198 Posts
I would just reach out to eBay I'm sure you'll find a replacement mirror there. Which I don't think you can just replace the LED you will need to replace the housing.

Auto HVAC works great for me so far...still trying to understand it a bit more but it's coming around I think.

·
Registered
Race Blue MY12 Skoda Octavia RS TDI Manual
929 Posts
I slammed my mirror against a tree, reversing out of a ditch.
Broke the plastic shielding on the mirror indicator. Didn't bother to get it replaced - replacement mirror unit is around AU$400.
Still worked fine, for the entire time I had it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Installation

I did the same to my passenger side light. How do I remove the broken light and install the new unit?

·
Registered
2015 Kia Sorento SX Regency Red, 2012 Kia Sorento SX, 2011 Toyota Hiace
576 Posts
Yeah, i think you can find some replacement in flea bay if your not so concerned wether its new or not. Because it usually comes in pairs for new ones.

Not a problem with HVAC. I just usually select a temp, put it in auto and let it do its work.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sorento
2 Posts
2011 Sorento Driver side mirror/LED replacement

Hey there fellow Sorento owners.

I came out to my vehicle to find someone had clipped the driver side mirror and broke off my turn signal indicator.

I purchased a new unit off of Carid (Replace® KI1321146 - Kia Sorento 2011-2013 Passenger Side Door Mirror (Power, Heated, Foldable, With Turn Signal, Paintable)) to take the parts off of.

Does anyone have experience dismantling these units? In particular, do the mirrors come off and if so, in which direction?

Any advice would be great!
Thanks,
Forest

·
Registered
2011 XM Sorento EX AWD V6
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's super easy. Gently remove speaker with a covered flathead so as not to scratch anything. Remove 3 screws holding mirror (be careful not to drop into door). Replace mirror and screw back in. You will also need to unclip and then reclip the heating and movement element but that's in front of you.

Hope this helps. I know there are instructions on the KIA Global Information System (KGIS) but it will say what I did only with pictures.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts