Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm writing on here for a friend of mine.. He has a kia spectra and his driver's side door will not unlock.. I'm wondering if anyone has a diagram of how the lock mechanism works on that door so we can try and work on getting the door open (so we can remove the trim and get to work.) He's been climbing in and out of his window or using his passenger side door for a few weeks now :p

anyone have some pictures or diagrams that could help us? I have a lot of experience working with VWs (my own jetta for the most part) but none with Kia's.

thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2 Posts
If your still having problems remove the door panel the handle might be broken. The only crux of these cars is they have so many plastic parts. I had the same problem. I replaced the handle and no probs after.

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,121 Posts
if you cant open the door you wont be fixing the handle mechanism as you need to take off the door panel on the inside of the car...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Use the key

I'm writing on here for a friend of mine.. He has a kia spectra and his driver's side door will not unlock.. I'm wondering if anyone has a diagram of how the lock mechanism works on that door so we can try and work on getting the door open (so we can remove the trim and get to work.) He's been climbing in and out of his window or using his passenger side door for a few weeks now :p

anyone have some pictures or diagrams that could help us? I have a lot of experience working with VWs (my own jetta for the most part) but none with Kia's.

thanks in advance!
Use the key to manually un-lock the door from the outside, take the door panel off and replace the lock cable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts