Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Sportage 2.0L SX turbo AWD
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the drivers seat climate control doesn't seem to be working and I'm at a loss. Ive tested the cabin fuses and the resistance on the fan and heating pads which tested okay. I even cleaned the pins going into the switch and reflowed the switch. I should probably add that the switch illuminates just fine when pressed like it should be working but it doesn't. Ps. I also visually inspected what I believe is the seat climate control module. Anyone out there have any insight on what to try next?

·
Registered
2014 Sportage SX AWD
554 Posts
mine has 3 connection plugs under the seat. did you check if they might have come loose? there's 2 yellow square plugs and a long white rectangular plug.

Reactions: rio-t

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mine has 3 connection plugs under the seat. did you check if they might have come loose? there's 2 yellow square plugs and a long white rectangular plug.
Yep reseated all of them. Quick question though, when you press your button can you hear an audible click from the relay and if so where does it sound like its coming from? I thought maybe I had a bad relay because I can hear the passenger one click right behind the button(its built into the button) but nothing for the drivers one. When I had the center apart I couldn't see any which is why i reflowed the passenger button thinking maybe they utilize the same one.

·
Registered
2014 Sportage SX AWD
554 Posts
on mine, both have a mechanica clicking sound coming from the button itself.

i hardly use mine since we only get the occasionally freezing temps in the winter. what is your location and how often do you use the heated seats? does the passenger side still work? maybe the button is worn out and gone bad?

Reactions: rio-t

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
on mine, both have a mechanica clicking sound coming from the button itself.

i hardly use mine since we only get the occasionally freezing temps in the winter. what is your location and how often do you use the heated seats? does the passenger side still work? maybe the button is worn out and gone bad?
I'm up in the northeast and we've already had some mornings in the 30s lol. But yeah its possible the switch is bad, I slightly felt like it was either that or a bad relay somewhere when it didn't seem to click. I just hoped a reflow would have fixed it if that was the case. Also yeah the passenger side works, thats why I was slightly questioning if both clicked because there was only a relay in the passenger switch and not one in the drivers side

1 - 5 of 5 Posts