Kia Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone bothered by their driver's door NOT staying open, having only two notches that aren't deep enough to catch the door so it stays open? My door always slams into my legs. It won't catch on the first notch, and the second notch means the door is open much too wide. It drives me crazy.

Please email me at [email protected].

Kia says there is nothing they can do, but it should be fixed, as it IS a design defect. Maybe if enough of us get together on this, they'll do something about it...like a recall or Bulletin.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sorento SX, 2003 Honda S2000
183 Posts
I don't have this problem unless it's windy but that's no different than any other vehicle.

Post a picture of your hinge notches and I'll try to compare them to mine?

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,957 Posts
It's a 2012...
Have the dealer replace the part.
There is no other complaints on this problem on this forum.
The dealer should love the labor money from KIA.
Dave

·
Banned
2013 Sorento EX V6 AWD
707 Posts
I don't notice this on my 2013 at all. Probably a troll. Joins, makes 1 post that seems to be an issue unique to that user, and then leaves.

*shrug*

·
Premium Member
2020 Hyundai Palisades
2,964 Posts
you must have one heck of a incline in your driveway for the door to slam shut and a recall i don't think so. but as Dave suggested have the dealer look at it .;)

·
Registered
2012 Sorento V6 LX AWD
23 Posts
I have to agree with rocnrlr. When you are in a parking lot and you have a car on either side of you. It doesn't stay on the first notch and closes. You can't go to the second notch cause it will hit the car next to you.

It's merely an inconvenience and I won't down the car. I love this car. The door opening is just something to get used to.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Why is everybody so quick to yell "troll"? By calling legitimate users (until proven otherwise) with actual concerns trolls, you guys are the real trolls here.

"1 post[...] then leaves" Wow, it's been less than 24 hours!

·
Registered
2011 Sorento AWD V6 SX Cherry Black
231 Posts
Never had a problem with my SX, unless on a very steep grade, just like any other vehicle. Maybe they overlubed the cam?

·
Premium Member
2020 Hyundai Palisades
2,964 Posts
Why is everybody so quick to yell "troll"? By calling legitimate users (until proven otherwise) with actual concerns trolls, you guys are the real trolls here.

"1 post[...] then leaves" Wow, it's been less than 24 hours!
Doug stick around and there are some great forum members and lots of info to be had and some comments you just take them with a grain of salt ;)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Doug stick around and there are some great forum members and lots of info to be had and some comments you just take them with a grain of salt ;)
Yeah, I'm pretty familiar w/ how car (...any) forums work, but others may not be and may be coming here to get help. Typically at least one of the members I was directing that to does post a lot of helpful stuff but that doesn't excuse his behavior in this thread.

I think it's a shame that people dismiss/reduce everybody that has problems with their vehicle to simply being a troll and it's disrespectful to the other members of this forum.

Back on topic, I paid a little more attention to my door yesterday and found that it's got a very solid footing when at the 1/2 way open(ish) point, the first stop. I very rarely open my door all the way so that is the point I usually use and have never thought that the door was less propped than any other car. Now when in parking lots or gas stations where the door could catch a gust of wind and swing into concrete/another car I don't trust it to hold the door in position, but that's no different than any other vehicle I've driven/rode in. If the OP hasn't been scared off yet I'd be curious to see a picture of their hinge stops so I can compare them to mine.

·
Banned
2013 Sorento EX V6 AWD
707 Posts
Back on topic, I paid a little more attention to my door yesterday and found that it's got a very solid footing when at the 1/2 way open(ish) point, the first stop. I very rarely open my door all the way so that is the point I usually use and have never thought that the door was less propped than any other car. Now when in parking lots or gas stations where the door could catch a gust of wind and swing into concrete/another car I don't trust it to hold the door in position, but that's no different than any other vehicle I've driven/rode in. If the OP hasn't been scared off yet I'd be curious to see a picture of their hinge stops so I can compare them to mine.
I would agree with this. I don't detect even a hint of a problem here based on how mine operates. So if there IS a problem with the OP's vehicle, it is not a widespread one since I haven't seen a single reference to it here other than their post.

Best,

·
Registered
2014 Kia Cadenza SXL Smokey Blue/white
359 Posts
Where did this person who was concerned enough about their issue to post it on the forum vanish to? Case closed, situation over!

·
Registered
2012 Sorento EX AWD CRDI; 2007 Sportage EX CRDi 4WD; 1967 Mercedes 250S; 1958 DKW 3=6
372 Posts
Yeah, I'm pretty familiar w/ how car (...any) forums work, but others may not be and may be coming here to get help. Typically at least one of the members I was directing that to does post a lot of helpful stuff but that doesn't excuse his behavior in this thread.

I think it's a shame that people dismiss/reduce everybody that has problems with their vehicle to simply being a troll and it's disrespectful to the other members of this forum.
+1 ..........................

·
Registered
2012 Sorento EX AWD CRDI; 2007 Sportage EX CRDi 4WD; 1967 Mercedes 250S; 1958 DKW 3=6
372 Posts
Where did this person who was concerned enough about their issue to post it on the forum vanish to? Case closed, situation over!
Maybe he got pissed off at being called a troll and decided not to come back?

·
Banned
2013 Sorento EX V6 AWD
707 Posts
Maybe he got pissed off at being called a troll and decided not to come back?
Doubtful. The "pissed off" tend to be the hardest to get rid of. :)

Like that old adage..."A satisfied customer might tell a friend. A dissatisfied customer tells EVERYONE."

Best,

·
Registered
372 Posts
Still...I do not think he was treated well... just my idea, that's all. No offence to anyone.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts