Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Sorento EX
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2013 Sorento EX 2.4 GDI bought new in November of 2012. My wife is driver ~25 days a month. About two weeks ago she reported a problem with the driver's seat. While she was at work and came out to leave in the afternoon she found that the seatback had decided to recline all the way back all by itself. It had lost the programmed seatback positions for both her #1 setting and my #2 setting. I reprogrammed both and everything was fine for a week. About a week later an exact repeat of full recline while at work. I investigated and reset again. Repeat, repeat, repeat. It seems to lose the programmed position every one to two weeks. At the same time the seat loses its mind the sport mirrors seem to also forget to tilt down when going into reverse. The mirror's mind seems to return by itself. Anybody had similar experience?

Mike

·
Registered
2013 Sorento SX AWD
54 Posts
can't explain the seat reclining or the loss of memory unless someone is playing a joke on her... since it has happened at work each time. that's unlikely and it's prob a faulty switch, or maybe a short of some kind because the memory resets. move the seat bottom all the way back so you can see what's going on under the seat and then adjust the seat back multiple times. look for shorts, etc. also, check if the fuse is loose, and if there is a relay for the seats, check on that too. i think the relays for our cars are under the hood.

for the mirrors - the center switch has to be off to the left or off to the right. if it is in the center, the mirrors will not move down automatically when you put the car in reverse. check that.

·
Registered
2013 Sorento EX
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
for the mirrors - the center switch has to be off to the left or off to the right. if it is in the center, the mirrors will not move down automatically when you put the car in reverse. check that.
Yep, that took care of it. Thanks for the pointer HEF.

M

·
Registered
2013 Sorento EX
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Over the last couple of weeks we believe we have found the offender. My wife never uses the Sirius or local stations. She always plays music from her iPhone or iPod. The seat only goes wacky when she uses the iPhone. The iPod does not do this. So we know what but not why. So we have no idea whether the fix is needed in the car or phone.

M

1 - 5 of 5 Posts