Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Rio
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was hoping for some advice regarding my 2008 Kia Rio.

When driving at highway speeds the driver front wheel will make "dribbling" motion/noise if I let off the accelerator. It is a fast, rhythmical vibration. Only the one wheel, and it will stop immediately if I go back on the gas. The steering does not get noticeably worse, but I can feel the vibration through the steering wheel.

Similarly, if turning left at higher speeds the same phenomenon will appear. Again, if I end the turn it will go away.

The struts were done a few months ago - replaced with KYB. I thought it might be a ball joint so I replaced that. It was worn to the point that there was some play in it, but even with a new ball joint the problem has not gone away.

My thought it that its a bad wheel bearing, but I'd like to avoid that hassle of doing that work if it is something else. Does anyone have thoughts on what it might be? Thanks!

·
Registered
2017 AWD Sportage SX Turbo - Black / Beige
2,025 Posts

When driving at highway speeds the driver front wheel will make "dribbling" motion/noise if I let off the accelerator. It is a fast, rhythmical vibration. Only the one wheel, and it will stop immediately if I go back on the gas. The steering does not get noticeably worse, but I can feel the vibration through the steering wheel.

Similarly, if turning left at higher speeds the same phenomenon will appear. Again, if I end the turn it will go away.

The struts were done a few months ago - replaced with KYB. I thought it might be a ball joint so I replaced that. It was worn to the point that there was some play in it, but even with a new ball joint the problem has not gone away.

My thought it that its a bad wheel bearing, but I'd like to avoid that hassle of doing that work if it is something else. Does anyone have thoughts on what it might be? Thanks!
have you checked CV joint?

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 2013 BMW K1600 GTL
11,257 Posts

have you checked CV joint?
Was the above suggestion by @Sloppy any use to you?

It is good forum etiquette to report back.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sportage. SX with AWD. 2.0L Direct Injected Turbocharged & Intercooled Gas.
1,067 Posts
I second Sloppy.....symptoms sound like a CV joint going bad.

·
Registered
09 kia spectra ex,'11 Dodge Journey AWD,04 Chry. T&C, 08 Pontiac G6 gt
2,484 Posts
I have a question for Ron and Lou O. .... WHY are you replying to a thread that's almost 3 years old??????

1 - 5 of 5 Posts