Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
UB Rio 1.2L EX MT (2012 Model)
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

The driver's side door on my vehicle was having an issue so I took it to a local mechanic who made things worse. He actually broke the latch assembly and tried to replace it with a manual one. Now, the door situation is worse and often times does not open or lock.

The most annoying part is when I opened it to see what the guy did, I noticed a part that he seemed to have disconnected. For the life of me, I don't know where that came from or where it's supposed to be. Here's an image below.

I want to buy the original door latch from here and replace it. I guess that should work seamlessly. I'll try to do this myself and will appreciate some tips from anyone.

I can't bear to take it back to the guys who messed it up and Kia will most likely charge a fortune. And in my experience, they are not very good. They damaged a whole lot of things in the car when I took it for a paint job

·
Registered
2011 Hyundai ix35 AWD CRDi
260 Posts
It's a channel guide for the window. It would have been unbolted to gain access to the door lock. You see 2 bolt holes inside the door under the trim right next the the lock. no doubt the 2 nuts are gone.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's a channel guide for the window. It would have been unbolted to gain access to the door lock. You see 2 bolt holes inside the door under the trim right next the the lock. no doubt the 2 nuts are gone.

View attachment 118912

View attachment 118911
Wow! Thanks a lot for this Gerard 2. I will try out a few nuts I have to see if they fit.
This new info makes me angrier at that guy. Aaaarrrggghhh!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If that latch part number is correct I've used this korean company.

How many doors is your car?

There's a few part numbers for the lock and I expect a 3 door and 5 door won't be the same due to the cable lengths

View attachment 118913
Snap! I just ordered this from Amazon yesterday. It's way cheaper on sparekorea.com. :(

I assume once the part arrives, I just need to replace it with whatever the guy put in there and it should work right?

Do you know of any video walkthroughs on how to replace this part. I found one or two on YouTube but the more the merrier.

·
Registered
2011 Hyundai ix35 AWD CRDi
260 Posts
This may help, you'll be pulling trim off, clips may break, cables and wires will need to be disconnected, the lock appears to have a rod link to the external handle and that will have a locking cap that holds it in place

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This may help, you'll be pulling trim off, clips may break, cables and wires will need to be disconnected, the lock appears to have a rod link to the external handle and that will have a locking cap that holds it in place
Oh my! This is great. Thanks a lot.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts