Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 optima ex. i am about 5'11'' - 6'0'' and i wish there was a little more leg room. Anybody else feel this way?

Also does anybody know if it is possible to get the seat to push back back a little more?

malimal

·
Registered
car
4,208 Posts
Not sure if it is possible to move it back any farther than it already goes. The seat tracks would need to be longer. I dont have this issue but Im only 5'6".

·
Registered
2007 Optima, 2007 Sorento
716 Posts
I'm 6' 1" tall and could use an extra 3" of leg room behind the steering wheel. Since I plan to keep my Optima for a very long time, I may at some point have a body shop weld an extension to the tracks of the driver's seat. I have been told this is possible. It is custom work requiring some hacking of the old seat track so it can be attached to two pieces of metal strips that are screwed to the original track mounting holes. Price for job is unknown at this point and all is theory until shop takes seat apart.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That sounds like a plan. Like you, i too want to keep this optima for a while. I will have to look in to that. Keep me update if you do something.

Malimal

·
Registered
2004 Kia Optima
1,979 Posts
Originally posted by Spec SX@Aug 25 2005, 04:52 PM
Not sure if it is possible to move it back any farther than it already goes. The seat tracks would need to be longer. I dont have this issue but Im only 5'6".
Heh, me too Spec, I'm 5'9" but I don't have that issue.

As for the both of you lanky guys.. j/k. what my friends who were over 6' do is tilt the seat back further so you can scoot back a bit. Don't know if that will help, but that's what they told me what they do! :57:

Lean back, lean back, lean back mutha ****a lol.. j/k

·
Registered
11 Posts
Originally posted by malimal@Aug 25 2005, 10:23 AM
I have a 2005 optima ex. i am about 5'11'' - 6'0'' and i wish there was a little more leg room. Anybody else feel this way?

Also does anybody know if it is possible to get the seat to push back back a little more?

malimal
Well, I am about 5'11" and dont have that problem as such ...
But I have got the seat all the way to the end ...
So maybe I JUST fit in !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts