Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 Optima LX, and I'd like to drill holes to be able to secure my license plate with four screws instead of two. (The rattling from my two RF Punch 12's is annoying.)

Having examined the trunk lid, it looks as though the trunk latch solenoid is right in the way of where the lower-right hole would be. I'd prefer to avoid drilling into anything important if possible. :)

Has anyone ever done this?

Also, I have accumulated numerous scratches on the vehicle, both inside and outside. What do you recommend for buffing/removing these?

·
Registered
car
4,208 Posts
I have never heard of anyone securing the rear licence plate with four screws. If the exterior scratches are light they should be pretty easy to remove if they are pretty fresh. What I do is apply Mothers California Gold Wax/cleaner by hand and remove it with a buffer. It works on almost all of them. Not sure how to remove scratches on the inside of the vehicle. What is scratched on the inside??

·
Registered
2004 Kia Optima
1,979 Posts
Originally posted by kdegraaf@Aug 22 2005, 06:53 PM
I have a 2004 Optima LX, and I'd like to drill holes to be able to secure my license plate with four screws instead of two. (The rattling from my two RF Punch 12's is annoying.)

Having examined the trunk lid, it looks as though the trunk latch solenoid is right in the way of where the lower-right hole would be. I'd prefer to avoid drilling into anything important if possible. :)

Has anyone ever done this?

Also, I have accumulated numerous scratches on the vehicle, both inside and outside. What do you recommend for buffing/removing these?
Dynamat! Period! :thumbsup: dynamat website

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yup, I already have a Dynamat Extreme license plate kit. :) But before I install it, I'd like to nail down the matter of adding two more screws.

Has anyone here actually done this?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts