Kia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Sportage 2021 1,6l CRDi HP Mild Hybrid 7DCT 4WD 100kw
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this site so i don't know if its US centric but still... I am in EU and have Kia Sportage 2021: 1,6l CRDi HP Mild Hybrid 7DCT 4WD 100kw and i suspect that there are some issues with it. One day car totally died on me and Kia dealer replace the starter. Then 2 months after that when i started up the engine it made ugly noise, RPM fluctuated up and down (on idle) and car had now power to move. Here is the video:

I then put my car again on a trailer and delivered it to KIA dealer. To my surprise they said that the car worked perfectly when they got it, it had no error codes and they have nothing to fix. I of course inquired what would cause such a thing and they said that they don't know, but maybe DPF filter is/was clogged and that i have not driven my car on a highway. I suspected that its BS explanation (i had no DPF warning or any other lights ON and i do drive on a highway) but what could i do... I then bought OBD2-link adapter to monitor/complete DPF regeneration's so if it happens again then i can rule out any kind of DPF issues due to my "improper driving style". To my surprise i saw that the car regenerates (burns DPF) very often (even on a highway), one time even as low as 13km after last successful regen, but average being 30-40km. I informed Kia dealer about that but they dismissed it and they refused to tell me what should be the normal distance between regens. All they said is that there is no normal/average distance and that its up to the car to decide, it does it when it needs it. I again smell BS. As far as i know it should take much more time to clog up DPF filter, more like 400km or so. But since Kia dealer dismisses my concerns and does not give me any straightforward answers i thought that i will ask around on the Internet. Is there any diesel Kia Sportage owners that have monitored their car with OBD2 and maybe has some statistics to share about the distance between DPF regeneration's?

·
Registered
2019 Sportage 1.6crdi, manual, awd
6 Posts
At my car, distance before regenration start is very various. Sometimes it is about 300km (or 400minutes), but sometimes it can be almost 700km (~1170minutes). I am using "Car Scanner ELM OBD2" android app so it shows distance between regenerations and time between regenerations.
What obd adapter and app are you using? Maybe it shows bad data?

·
Registered
2017 Sportage QL 2.0L AWD Diesel
79 Posts
I have 2.0 turbo diesel. in 80,000kms I have never experienced the dpf regeneration (but I’m sure that it does). I do lots of motorway miles so maybe that is why.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts