Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Soul + automatic
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Weird stuff.

When I first bought my Soul, the doors did not lock when I put the transmission into Drive.

I dropped my vehicle off for an oil change at a dealership. When I picked up the vehicle, the doors lock when the transmission is put in drive.

Did anyone elses 2012 Soul + do this when it was bought?

I was stoked.

I wonder what happened.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Soul+, Kia Sportage SX FWD
472 Posts
Either it did, and you just never noticed it.....or, it miraculously fixed itself. Maybe the dealer even fixed it. Be glad it works....They are supposed to lock when placed in gear. Mine always has.

·
Registered
2012 Soul + automatic
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is a great feature. I am glad it appeared. I wasn't even sure if it was supposed to do that.

They also checked the vehicle for a fluid leak. Not sure that had anything to do with it.

Most likely someone noticed it was not working and fixed it.

I have been happy with the service I have received at my dealership.

People often talk negatively about going to a dealership for service due to high prices but with my Soul and a previous vehicle it has been worth it.

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,540 Posts
my dealer is great too and have been having my KIA's service there since my first KIA purchase in November 2007.
I don't find the prices that bad, I get coupons from KIA on various services and also get the KIA Reward Points on dealer service and purchases which I can use for further discounts and/or accessory purchases. Had enough points to cover my hood guard and window visors.

Also with my Soul purchase they were given free oil changes for as long as I own that vehicle and get it serviced at their dealership. So far I've had 3 services (go every 6 months) and my total costs so far as been about $35.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts