Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When the outside temp is around -5 or colder, all 4 doors freeze-up. I asked the service mgr. at the dealership why this happens & his answer was "the same thing happens to my GM SUV." Then I thought 1) why is he driving a GM & 2) you still didn't answer me with a solution. He did say there is nothing that can be done. Is this happening to other owners out there & if so what needs to be or what have you done to solve this problem? :mellow: :angry:

In need of desparate help....

·
Registered
car
4,208 Posts
I had the same problem with my 04 Optima. One thing I did was put some armor-all on the door gaskets so that way it has a harder time to freeze. It seemed to work pretty good. I also ended up putting a remote starter in it. Now everything unthaws before I get in it.

·
Registered
car
4,208 Posts
I had this post emailed to me.
It is from Gus.
I too have a problem when it is cold outside. Many times I have unlocked all the doors and started the car to let it warm. Five minutes later when I pull the drivers door handle to get in the car locks all the doors with the keys in and the engine running. this morning the power trunk release popped and continued to pop all on its own, until I fiddled with the switch. Anyone else having similar problems with their 2004 Magentis?

Gus,
I would carry some lock de-icer in your pocket. Armor all your door gaskets to help prevent any door freezing and make sure you carry an extra key with you since your doors lock up on you. I dont know if the doors are suppose to lock like that. I have started my Optima and closed the doors and they have not locked on me. You might want to contact your dealer and see if that is right. And I have not had a trunk issue. Hope this helps.
04Sorento

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know this will be lengthy but I have to release my frustration & anger somewhere!! Here I am again with the same problem. All 4 doors frozen shut. Last night at 1 A.M. I had to have my Magentis towed to the Kia service in my area. The tow truck driver said in all his years on the road he's seen nothing like it. Anyways, after alot of prying & pulling we got the front passenger side opened...I told him to leave the rest so the service people could see it. I called 1st thing in the morning & the service mgr. said they all opened perfectly, but the car was sitting in the sun. I came to pick-up this afternoon & wouldn't you know it...it happened again. Called out the service mgr., he fiddled around & finally they opened. I said "there's an obvious problem (probably with the seals) that I'm not happy with & I pay hard earned money for it every month." His reply, " There's no way I'm changing anything because the money for those seals is not coming out of the dealership. If head office wants to pay for them, by all means no problem. The service rep will be here March 31 & you can come & speak to him." You can also call customer service." *Can you give me a name who I can speak to?" "NO!"

Am I missing something here?? I was very kind & polite...would do I have to do???????? :angry: :blink:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts