Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to try and remove my door panel just to see how its done. It took me a while to locate all the screws but eventually it came off. When I put it back on, everything went well except for the top (where that black rubber flap touchs the window), which will not go back all the way. Consequently, there is about a quarter inch gap. I tried checking to make sure all the little buckles are in properly. I even removed the tweeter casing and put it back.

I will get a picture tomorrow.

Anybody know what might be the problem?

·
Registered
2006 Kia Sorento 3.5 5sp Auto
267 Posts
I havent take off the door trim on my sorento, but have taken off door trim on other vehicles.
I have usually found the only way get them back on is to get that top part in the window area in first by pushing down, then clip the rest of the door panel on.

You usually need to push and slide down simultaneously to get it in. If you clip the rest of the panel in first, you got no hope!

That is my experience with a BMW 740, and an old camry. could be different on these as i havent had the need to pull the trim off yet so keep that in mind.
Generally speaking, if your questioning how much force your using your generally doing something wrong.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts