Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Kia Sorento
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello -

I have a 2016 Kia Sorento. Today when I started it up and drove off, the dash tells me my driver door is open. I have checked all the doors and everything is as it should be. I managed to turn off all my interior lights manually so I could park the car for the night, but that door open indicator is still on, even though the car is off and locked.

Does anyone have suggestions? I did read that spraying WD-40 in the latch mech, could resolve the issue.Any other ideas?

Thank you!

·
Registered
Sorento SX FWD 2015
238 Posts
On my 2015 SX the switch is a mechanical rubber covered plunger mounted in the center pillar just under the door lock bracket. You can manually push it in to activate it. And it looks like the assembly comes off with a Phillips screw , I say looks like it because I have no experience in removing it. The switch is grounded to the chassis and connector F07 that plugs into it has two pins, 'pin 1 goes to the scuff pad light' (if you have one), and 'pin 2 goes to the BCM' connector I/P-K pin 6. After that it's BCM internals. Good Luck..

·
Registered
2016 Kia Sorento SX Turbo AWD
33 Posts
I don't have my Sorento yet but I had a similar issue with my Santa Fe Sport.

Before I go on about that.. do your window controls still work?

My issue was a connector I had unplugged and plugged back in, on the driver side kick panel. CAN pins stopped making a good connection.

Doubt that's your issue unless you can't operate your windows either.

·
Registered
2017 Sorento LX 2.4L AWD 7 Passenger
2 Posts
I recently had to replace the left side door latch assembly on my 2017 Sorento LX for the same reason.

I sourced the latch assembly on Amazon. Kia Part # 81310-C5010 Latch Assy for about $50.

Replacement was a bit of a process but manageable. The door glass needs to be removed to pull the door panel off as well as the external lock cylinder.

Hello -

I have a 2016 Kia Sorento. Today when I started it up and drove off, the dash tells me my driver door is open. I have checked all the doors and everything is as it should be. I managed to turn off all my interior lights manually so I could park the car for the night, but that door open indicator is still on, even though the car is off and locked.

Does anyone have suggestions? I did read that spraying WD-40 in the latch mech, could resolve the issue.Any other ideas?

Thank you!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts