Kia Forum banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Kia sorrento

I have a problem with my Kia Sorrento locking system, does anyone else?
It has happened 3 times in the last year, if the keys & fob unlock/lock are left in the car, either in ignition or on a seat, and you shut the door it locks itself up! Three times I have had to get the spare key/fob from home! It's very inconvenient and costly if I happen to do this miles away!
Any suggestions? Apart from keeping key/fob in my hands at all times!

Please could a Kia expert reply to [email protected].

Thank you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Key Problems

Hi all I have recently purchased a Kia Ceed 2007/8 model and it has this same problem with the remote central locking. Sometimes you get out of the car and press lock and nothing happens and then sometimes it locks just fine well I think I may have found the problem!

I noticed with mine that when I get out and press lock and it does nothing if I slide key back into ignition give it a little wiggle then take it back out again all doors unlock. I think there is a sensor or something in the barrel that unlocks all the doors when key is removed but maybe over time this gets worn and doesn't always work. Ever since I noticed this I have put key in barrel then removed and all the doors unlock everytime.

The only reason I haven't got it sorted is the fact that a new barrel and programming would probably cost a million pounds.

Hope this helps

James

·
Registered
1 Posts
Kia Rondo unlocking problem

Hi,

I had the same problem, when you press the lock button many times... No beep, beep!!! Anyway, in my case, the problem is NOT here!!! When it arrives, open your door and press with your finger on the key ignition, just a little pressure and you will hear a "click", after, close the door and press the lock button on your remote, and all will be ok.

Claude

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a Kia Sportage and gone out to it today - nothing - car will not respond to the key fob at all.
Changed the battery, still no change. Reluctant to open it with the key and set the alarm off as I have just moved house and not met the neighbours yet!
Any words of wisdom?

·
Registered
1 Posts
ELGIN LOCKSMITH SERVICE providing emergency lockout and emergency boarding services. Providing safe reliable locksmith services. Taking the stress out of making sure your property is secure is what they do best.With years of experience they can help with all shapes and sizes of doors and lock issues from drop handles to installing special electronic locks they can provide it all.They provide a quality service with no call out fee.

·
Registered
2 Posts
no "click" = no remote locking

Hi,

I had the same problem, when you press the lock button many times... No beep, beep!!! Anyway, in my case, the problem is NOT here!!! When it arrives, open your door and press with your finger on the key ignition, just a little pressure and you will hear a "click", after, close the door and press the lock button on your remote, and all will be ok.

Claude
Agree, I have the same intermittent problem. Need a little pressure with my finger on the key lock just to hear the "click" and the system gets ready to lock/unlock the doors via remote control. Is there a way to get rid of this and have the "click" when I remove the key? I've put some WD40 but it did not help (probably got worse because there is even less friction when I remove the ignition key). Thanks for your help, sorry for my poor English! Cheers :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all,

Kindly regards from Spain.

I have the same problem than you. Sometimes, lock/unlock from the remote control isn't possible. In my opinion, this is due to a malfunction in the ignition keyswitch. Please, check the next point:
Usually, when you remove the key from the ignition keyswitch you can hear a "click" and doors were unlocked (if they are locked, or course). But sometimes (in my case with hot wheather) you can't hear the click and doors weren't unlocked. In this case remote control fails. I believe the main unit don't recognised the key are removed from keyswitch. If you insert and remove the key on the keyswitch usually the problem is solved.
Please, confirm if you have the same symptoms.

Sorry by my bad english.
Hi from Italy! Same symptoms but different fix. Even reinserting and removing the key does not help, so I have to put a little pressure on the key lock with my finger. I'm wondering weather there is a cheap fix to this...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Unlock problem solved

I suddenly could not use the lock button on either of my fobs, and the lock buttons on the doors themselves also wouldn't electronically lock the doors. Only manually moving the lock rocker mechanism would lock the car. Based on some hints in this and other threads, I tried opening the hood and closing it again. That worked. I could then lock the car from both fobs and from the electronic lock button in the front doors.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hello all,

I apologize for being lazy and not reading every post but a quick scan leads me to believe I am not the only one having this problem.

2014 KIA Sorrento SXL doors not locking via fob or interior lock button. Here is the deal. Once is a great while after exiting the car attempt to lock via the fob. I double press the lock button and the mirrors fold in. No beep, no click, not a sound. I can walk up to the car and all doors are unlocked and I can get right in. With the driver door open and the fob in my pocket, if I hit the door lock button on the door still doesn't lock. I have tried restarting the car, putting it in gear then turning off again and closing the door and still nothing. Press the lock button twice, mirrors fold in and nothing. Unlocked.

This problem appears to "fix" itself over time. After I go inside for a bit then return to my car and press the lock button twice the mirrors fold in, I hear the typical beep and hear the locks engage. I took it to the dealership and they do not have any test service bulletin yet but at least I have it on record.

Anyone have the same symptoms and was there a resolution?

Thanks!
Gerald
2014 Sorrento SXL
United States

·
Registered
1 Posts
hello all,
the same problem like GDGeko's issue,
brand new kia sportage 2017
for two months the issue occured twice, called the dealer, haven't even heard for issue like this
it is very annoying that it can't be replicated for the dealer, so I guess the only thing left is to wait until it gets worse and present the dealer with the problem in action.

thanks guys, it is nice to see that you are not alone :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Door won't lock / unlock

I've just had the same problem. Tonight when I went to lock my doors it didn't beep after the first push and I found that one of my side doors was not locking automatically, key fob or door lock buttons... Every other door will lock. Might be the cold weather??

·
Registered
1 Posts
Here's an Out of the Box idea

I've just had the same problem. Tonight when I went to lock my doors it didn't beep after the first push and I found that one of my side doors was not locking automatically, key fob or door lock buttons... Every other door will lock. Might be the cold weather??
My problem with the key fob not working is similar to the original post. More over, the key fob works great inside the car; sets the alarm, locks go thunk, everything works as it should. When I step outside the car and close the door neither of my two fobs works (yes, they have fresh batteries).

My problem started immediately after I applied a heavy coat of carnuba wax to the body so I asked my dealership where the RF antenna is. He told me it is in the center of the dash and wired to the frame and thus to the body of the car. I postulated the wax was preventing the RF penetration through the wax and rubbed a spot on the door to thin the wax, et voila! So there's something to throw into the mix of ideas. (I know, it's a long shot).

Megan
Rio 2012

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Did you ever get this figured out? I have the same problem.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Did you ever get this figured out? I have the same problem.
I just started having the same problem on my 2015 Sedona SX. I have a thread about it posted in the Sedona forum. Sorry, it won't let me post a link. The thread is titled, "Door Locking Misbehavior after Recall - Power Sliding Doors" if you want to view it.

Did either of you get this figured out?

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had a sticking door lock. I took the door panel off and sprayed some white lithium grease on all of the connections for the lock and handle and worked them all a bit to work the grease in and problem solved. That's been several months ago now.

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
I just started having the same problem on my 2015 Sedona SX. I have a thread about it posted in the Sedona forum. Sorry, it won't let me post a link. The thread is titled, "Door Locking Misbehavior after Recall - Power Sliding Doors" if you want to view it.

Did either of you get this figured out?

Thanks,
Mike
Sorry for the late late late reply - no. Not figured out. The rear hatch went, too. Currently looking into replacing the actuators.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes, these kind of issues must be resolved on time so that customer will not have to face the trouble for more time. We also have taken help from locksmith jersey city when we have faced that issue with door locks.

·
Super Moderator
9,531 Posts
Yes, these kind of issues must be resolved on time so that customer will not have to face the trouble for more time. We also have taken help from locksmith jersey city when we have faced that issue with door locks.
Using the below link, please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your signature
With the recent forum platform change, the location and vehicle details in your profile no longer show in each post.

eg.
USA
2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX turbo AWD

https://www.kia-forums.com/account/signature

https://www.kia-forums.com/threads/forum-rules.27240/

41 - 59 of 59 Posts