Kia Forum banner

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
Kia cee'd '2' SW EcoDynamics MY11
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
New Title - Testing Testing

I'd like to change the title of the thread to include the words "intermittent remote" or similar, in the hope that it would be more helpful. Can anybody advise me how I can change the thread title please?
Thanks.

·
Registered
Kia Ceed 1.6 Crdi 3 5dr AUTOMATIC (MY10)
9 Posts
Hi ED209,

I just had a quick look and although this may be the long winded way of editing an original post, it appears that you need to:
1. Login
2. Click on where it says Welcome ED209
3. Under the Mini Statistics heading click on Show all Statistics
4. On the left side of the screen, look for and click on Find all threads started by ED209
5. Click on the desired post, i.e. original unlocking/locking etc.
6. Within the post, click on Edit
7. Click on Go Advanced
8. Change the title
9. Save.

I just tried it on my one and only post and it worked.

Regards

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Hi ED209,

I just had a quick look and although this may be the long winded way of editing an original post, it appears that you need to:
1. Login
2. Click on where it says Welcome ED209
3. Under the Mini Statistics heading click on Show all Statistics
4. On the left side of the screen, look for and click on Find all threads started by ED209
5. Click on the desired post, i.e. original unlocking/locking etc.
6. Within the post, click on Edit
7. Click on Go Advanced
8. Change the title
9. Save.

I just tried it on my one and only post and it worked.

Regards
TLM
Thanks for your comprehensive response; I was missing "Go Advanced". I hope the revised thread title is more helpful.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Happened again today; this time I couldn't unlock the car. Got out of the car and locked the doors, then realised I left my briefcase in the car so I tried to unlock, but to no avail. Unlocked the car with the key in the driver's door and all OK again.
I wonder if there'll be a firmware upgrade at some point to fix this.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
As I remeber, there is a TSB about central locking where in case of your problem, drivers door lock should be replaced
Thanks. If that's KFE08-91-V040-ED then that seems to be:
"Affected vehicle production date range: Produced from Nov. 23, 2007 to Nov. 30, 2007"
Thanks for the advice though.

·
Registered
2010 Kia Cee'd 2 - 124BHP 1.6petrol
560 Posts
Hi Ed,

Sorry replying to your comment from a while ago, I thought that changing the title may have been a mod job.

As for bulletins on the car, I have mine going in for

• Front Door Interior Handle assembly replace
  • Front End Module wiring repairs
  • Headlamp moisture inspection
  • Rear handle door latch
  • Audio Unit Inspection
These are valid for my Ceed 2 2010 so hopefully one of these is relevant to fixing the problem!

·
Registered
Kia Ceed 1.6 Crdi 3 5dr AUTOMATIC (MY10)
9 Posts
Intermittent Remote Key Fob Door Locking / Unlocking Problem

To ED209 and all affected by this problem:

After several weeks and increased reoccurrences of the car not unlocking or locking using the remote, I booked my car into a Kia dealer to have the fault checked. I took both of my 2 sets of remote key fobs for testing purposes.

DIAGNOSIS and Repair Outcome:

I was informed that there was a fault with the central locking system. The central locking and both sets of remote key fobs were "Reprogrammed".

The car was at the dealer's for a couple of hours.

I will of course keep the forum informed whether this corrective action has resolved the problem after a couple of weeks. I suspect that if it hasn't, the problem will reoccur during that time.

Thanks again to ED209 for initially posting about this problem and to those who manage this helpful website/forum. Whilst it is inconvenient to get these niggles, it is useful to share and discuss these problems to be better armed when contacting a dealer - especially if it is an intermittent fault.

Hi ED209,

Intermittent Remote Key Fob Door Locking/Unlocking Problem - unable to lock/unlock with remote key

In the last 4-6 weeks I have experienced the same problem as you have described above. The first time it happened, I was unable to lock the car with the remote key fob after parking it in a busy street. I thought that there was a problem with the battery in the remote key as I was able to lock it manually with the actual key in the door. However, when I returned home, I tried to lock/unlock the car with my spare remote which had never been used and was only a few months old, and the problem remained. I had to lock it manually again putting the the key in the lock.

The next day I checked again using my original remote and it worked perfectly. I was baffled but did not contact the dealer as it was a once off.

In the last 7-10 days, the same problem has reoccurred twice - making it 3 times in all now, so I will be contacting the dealer. As you rightly pointed out, as it appears to be an intermittent problem, it may be difficult to actually show the problem to the dealer.

I have noticed that whereas my sidelights usually go off automatically when I lock the car with the remote, when I have to lock it manually with the key in the door, this does not happen.

I will feedback again once I have spoken to or visited my/a dealer.

I will be keen to hear if you have any further news too.

Thank you.
Regards

·
Registered
61 Posts
I thought I would tag onto this thread my issues which are similar.2009 SW.

Friday (torrential rain) noted car did not lock with remote but did manually. However all doors but driver's were locked. Replaced remote battery - no change. Moved vehicle to another location. Remote still not working and again locked manually. Returned to vehicle neither remote nor key would open vehicle. Did notice that red light on dashboard switch remained illuminated.

Had to call on services of breakdown/recovery who managed to gain entry by airbagging top of drivers door and getting ignition key into ignition on end of long rod. Once ignition switched on window lowered and entry gained.

Remote now working perfectly but unable to lock/unlock manually.

Dealer visit required with all the hassle that entails. Has anyone any update on what work the dealer completed to get everything working normally?

·
Registered
1 Posts
First things first with electrical problems!

Before you do anything else, check the fuse box first when you have a problem with any part of the car. The door lock/unlock control is electrical and is fused. We also had same problem, fuse was loose. Took 15 seconds to fix.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Update.

Bit the bullet and booked into dealer. New latch mechanism which they had in stock :)
Hopefully this will also cure the winter drivers door central locking freezing syndrome.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,

Kindly regards from Spain.

I have the same problem than you. Sometimes, lock/unlock from the remote control isn't possible. In my opinion, this is due to a malfunction in the ignition keyswitch. Please, check the next point:
Usually, when you remove the key from the ignition keyswitch you can hear a "click" and doors were unlocked (if they are locked, or course). But sometimes (in my case with hot wheather) you can't hear the click and doors weren't unlocked. In this case remote control fails. I believe the main unit don't recognised the key are removed from keyswitch. If you insert and remove the key on the keyswitch usually the problem is solved.
Please, confirm if you have the same symptoms.

Sorry by my bad english.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Hi all,

Kindly regards from Spain.

I have the same problem than you. Sometimes, lock/unlock from the remote control isn't possible. In my opinion, this is due to a malfunction in the ignition keyswitch. Please, check the next point:
Usually, when you remove the key from the ignition keyswitch you can hear a "click" and doors were unlocked (if they are locked, or course). But sometimes (in my case with hot wheather) you can't hear the click and doors weren't unlocked. In this case remote control fails. I believe the main unit don't recognised the key are removed from keyswitch. If you insert and remove the key on the keyswitch usually the problem is solved.
Please, confirm if you have the same symptoms.

Sorry by my bad english.
Hola! Kind regards from UK too.

Thanks for the information - the next time I spot this behaviour I'll try your little "trick".

·
Registered
1 Posts
Something similar happened with my Picanto. I thought it was due to the weather we have here in the UK where it's usually always cold which causes the locks to freeze up or get jammed. But in my case turned out to be a latch replacement that was needed.

First thing I did, since this was a lock issue, was call on my reliable local locksmith in Barkingside (I live in East London) and they came over instantly. Now the problem with my Picanto was that the front doors weren't opening when I used the key but the rear doors and boot were fine - this was the cause of a few embarrassing moments when trying to enter the car at times.

Anyway the locksmith came and had a look - his professional diagnosis was that it needed a new latch. He spent a good 30mins trying all sorts of things but it just wouldn't open. He even went out of his way to take a photo of the latch and email it to "HQ" and when he got a response he told me it was the latch. So armed with that information, I took it to the dealership and requested to order a new latch. Got it installed the next day and voila, everything was back to normal. Thanks to the professional advice given to me by the locksmith I was pointed in the right direction and the problem was solved within days.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Something similar happened with my Picanto. I thought it was due to the weather we have here in the UK where it's usually always cold which causes the locks to freeze up or get jammed. But in my case turned out to be a latch replacement that was needed.

First thing I did, since this was a lock issue, was call on my reliable local locksmith in Barkingside (I live in East London) and they came over instantly. Now the problem with my Picanto was that the front doors weren't opening when I used the key but the rear doors and boot were fine - this was the cause of a few embarrassing moments when trying to enter the car at times.

Anyway the locksmith came and had a look - his professional diagnosis was that it needed a new latch. He spent a good 30mins trying all sorts of things but it just wouldn't open. He even went out of his way to take a photo of the latch and email it to "HQ" and when he got a response he told me it was the latch. So armed with that information, I took it to the dealership and requested to order a new latch. Got it installed the next day and voila, everything was back to normal. Thanks to the professional advice given to me by the locksmith I was pointed in the right direction and the problem was solved within days.
You live in London and think its always cold enough to freeze the locks, don't think so.

We live in a part of UK that is considerably colder than London (like most cities London is protected from the worst of the weather) and I can assure you its not always cold, most of the year temperatures are well above freezing even if the weather is poor.

This looks like an advert to me form a Locksmith after work, the only other explanation is the poster keeps his car in a deep freeze.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hosein

This morning I have the same problem, I were not able to lock the doors, all the doors were locked but driver door staied open and remote control does not worked!
af any one has a clue for solving problem will be great!
thanks all!

Yesterday I had a strange situation where the doors would not lock. I got home and just could not lock the doors. After opening and closing each one the doors did lock, so I put it down to perhaps a sticky mechanism or something.

This morning I unlocked the car fine, came to work, got out and tried to lock the doors - nothing. Only the driver's door was unlocked and none of the doors would lock.
I restarted the car and then turned it off; this time only the right hand doors unlocked. The front and rear door on the passenger (left) side are presently locked, but both doors on the driver's side are unlocked. So, my vehicle is unsecured due to the fault.

Has anybody experienced a similar problem? I'll need to take it to the garage (again) to get this sorted, no doubt.

I did have a similar problem some time back where the front passenger lock didn't work, but again, intermittently so the dealer couldn't see the fault.
Sounds like this could be related.

I'd appreciate a comment if anybody has had a similar problem, and I'd love to hear what the fault was. I want to get all the info I can before taking (more) time off work to take my new car back to the dealer.
Thanks.

·
Registered
KIA SPORTAGE 3
1 Posts
Locked in!

I travelled in my sportage as a front seat passenger today and couldn't get out! My partner tried the key fob loads to release the door and also pressed the inside door catch button but still I was locked in. Any suggestions?

21 - 40 of 59 Posts