Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Kia Sorento
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am fed up with my 2015 Sorento's door locking system!
First of all, I have twice locked my keys in my car while they were still in the ignition?! Forget about whatever was going through my mind when I did this..it just doesn't seem like it should be possible? Very frustrating.

Aside from that, I just can't seem to figure out how the automatic system works!
Today I was cleaning out some junk in my car. The car was locked, so I clicked the unlock button twice (a few seconds apart) to open up all of the doors (took me a while to figure out that one) and left my key in the house. I opened up the driver door, and was clearing things out when I heard the doors automatically lock...with the door still open. I then try to press the unlock button on the inside of the driver door and NOTHING HAPPENED. No response. So I manually flipped the lock open on the driver door. I needed to get into the back seat, so I reached through the still open driver door, and manually flipped the back door unlocked, and the alarm went off. I mean, what is the point in the doors automatically locking, and arming the alarm system, if the door is still open???

Random things like this happen to me all the time and it is so frustrating! Anybody else?

·
Registered
Sorento 2015 LX 2.4 AWD, Suzuki 2011 SX4 AWD, ( 2000 KIA Sportage, junked)
513 Posts
[QUOTE="CharlieS, post: 2017172, member: 467701"..2015 Sorento's ..First of all .... [/QUOTE]
WHat trim is it ? Does it have any aftermarket gadgets intalled? Please fill up your profile/signature with all details about car, (engine, trim, awd? .2/3 rows?..) so we can start with the right idea ...and when you come back for other things, we will know from the start....
By the way...I never trust those intelligent systems....

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sportage. SX with AWD. 2.0L Direct Injected Turbocharged & Intercooled Gas.
1,130 Posts
Try disconnecting the positive battery terminal for 2 hours. This may help reset the system. Let us know if this helped. Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts