Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 07 Sedona. The auto door lock on the drivers side sliding door only works manually. I'm trying to find some information on the solenoid that locks or unlocks it or the mechanism itself to see if it is bad. I can't find the wires so I can't tell if it's getting 14VDC to lock or unlock it. The black gooey stuff that put all over the paper to hold it in place is not much help either. Any help towards solving this problem would be deeply appreciated. I've read it's mechanical and I've read it's electrical. I don't want to take any more apart until I have an idea of what I'm dealing with.

·
Registered
1999 Kia Sephia, 2016 Kia Optima SXL, 2019 Kia Soul Plus
1,110 Posts
I have an 07 Sedona. The auto door lock on the drivers side sliding door only works manually. I'm trying to find some information on the solenoid that locks or unlocks it or the mechanism itself to see if it is bad. I can't find the wires so I can't tell if it's getting 14VDC to lock or unlock it. The black gooey stuff that put all over the paper to hold it in place is not much help either. Any help towards solving this problem would be deeply appreciated. I've read it's mechanical and I've read it's electrical. I don't want to take any more apart until I have an idea of what I'm dealing with.
Power or manual sliding doors?

·
Registered
5 Posts
These electric system and diagram will help to understand the flow of lock. Sliding door is quite different from door panel. I'm also searching this type of helping material but finally got it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts