Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Has anyone had their door handle broke clean off from the door?
Today, i tried to open back passenger door and handle snapped right off..
Note sure if it's related to door latch recall?

If you have had and know,
How much does it cost to replace? Possible to DYI?

Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes, I had my passenger door handle fall off on my 2011 Sorrento front passenger and will not open from the he inside or outside. Kia will not do anything about it. I will never buy another Kia!!!!

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan, 17 Ford Edge Sport, 15 Mustang, 08 Harley Nightrain
9,729 Posts
Yes, I had my passenger door handle fall off on my 2011 Sorrento front passenger and will not open from the he inside or outside. Kia will not do anything about it. I will never buy another Kia!!!!
Using the below link, please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your signature
With the recent forum platform change, the location and vehicle details in your profile no longer show in each post.

eg.
USA
2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX turbo AWD

https://www.kia-forums.com/account/signature

https://www.kia-forums.com/threads/forum-rules.27240/

Tip: after updating your info, hit “like” on this post, and it will serve as a prompt to remove it.

·
Registered
White 2012 SX AWD
679 Posts
FYI, as this is a known issue, I would advise anybody that's worried about this happening to them to disable the child locks for the rear doors if you don't need to use the child locks. This will allow you to open the rear doors from the inside should this happen to you. If the child locks are enabled for the rear doors and the outside handle falls off, you won't be able to open that rear door at all.

I know this won't help the original poster but it will allow others to handle this themselves should the rear handle fall off in the future or at least to use the rear doors until it's taken in for repair.

FYI, there are a few YouTube videos that may help you in the following thread. Search for "door":

1 - 5 of 5 Posts