Kia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Sportage EX
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else have the side bracing in the doors showing through? I thought it was a ding but I can see it looks like two lines about 18 inches apart where the bracing is. More noticable on the back ones. Just curious....mine's an 11 EX mineral silver.

·
Registered
2011 Sportage EX
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have noticed that too during this cold stretch of days. Is the sheet metal really that thin..
I wonder....this is my second winter with it but it's been alot colder this year than last. Never noticed it like I am now.
I don't have pics of it....too much dirt and road salt on it to get a good pic until I clean it up some. :eek:

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sportage EX
26 Posts
Mine too

I thought I was the only one! After I wash my car, I notice it every once in a while. It annoyed me the first time I saw it. Maybe it's more noticeable in metallic colors? I'll see if I can catch some photos next time I wash it.

·
Registered
2015 Ford Mustang GT
209 Posts
I have noticed this too. I thought they were dings as well, until I realized they are on all the doors.

·
Registered
Sportage 2012 SK-EX 2.0 AWD Tech-Orange
55 Posts
my english is not that good, so im not sure what you mean. A picture whould help me out.

·
Registered
2011 GDI Black Cherry Blk Leather interior
1 Posts
I have the same issue, only it is where my front hood latch is attached. Keeps getting worse too

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sportage LX / 1992 Corvette Coupe LT1 / 2012 Toyota Camry SE
45 Posts
WOW, so funny to read this! I thought I had a door ding and ran to my door and checked it out and didnt feel any dings. At times, from a distance, I would notice it. Now nothing there at all. I thought I was just seeing things and just being crazy..lol! It all makes sence now.

·
Registered
213 Posts
So, has anyone got any pictures ?

I think I may have seen this on a UK car on the back passenger door.

The car has seen two winters and I have never noticed before. When its normally cold enough, it's dark when I go to work, dark when I leave and the car is covered in turd / road salt.

Recently, the mornings and nights have been lighter, the car has been cleaner but we have had an unexpected cold period. I was real miffed when I spotted it as I thought someone had leant / pressed on the door as you could see the distortion but there was no paint scuff or ding.

I had resigned myself to another visit to the local dent man but when I checked again, it's completely gone ?!

I have kept an eye on it and it comes when the weather is sub zero and then goes when it warms up !

The car is clean and sat in the sun now - 100% perfect reflections and no distortion, well, as good as a Kia can get to 100% ... :lol:

NOTE that this isn't something that looks really bad - I would struggle to even get most people to find it ...

I have the same issue, only it is where my front hood latch is attached. Keeps getting worse too
Are you sure this is not from a poor bonnet (hood) closing person - sounds like perfect symptoms ... :(

WD :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts