Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how do i tell if my 2006 kia spectra ex automatic transmission has anti-lock brakes? i need a cv axle but i dont know where to find out if my car has abs. can someone please help me to find out if my car has them?

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,236 Posts
Seems that it was an option on that model.

2006 Kia Spectra

I haven't looked at a Spectra, but ABS normally has sensors at each wheel (possibly in-board on the front axles). They consist of a magnetic head near a gear-like ring, reminsicent of the pick-ups on Hammond organs. In the engine bay, there will be a control unit near the master cylinder with a bunch of tubes and wires protruding.

Sounds like you've never experienced ABS in action. That may be either a good thing or a bad thing. If there, it would be a good idea to test it on some isolated piece of road. The ABS action can be disturbing if you aren't used to it. It does work; saved me from a serious crash due to another's error.

·
Registered
06 KIA Spec5, 2000 HD Roadking
1,515 Posts
Pop the hood open, look on the pass side wheel well and if you see one of these then you have ABS.

If you do not see one, then you do not have ABS. And also there will be an ABS icon light up on the speedo when you turn the key to on if you have ABS.

·
Registered
3 Posts
look under the hood. follow brake lines from Master Cyl. Do they lead to a large device that has for pipes coming out of it? May be 8 pipes. Does the device have an electrical connection? If yes to both then you have ABS. Could look at back side of wheel and see if there is a line ( not hydraulic ) coming from it. If so, then ABS yes.
Could look up VIN and see if it gives description of equip.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts