Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Chevy Epica
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had my heart set on a white one, but that proved to be verrrry difficult to find. Went in today and had a look at the other colors that were available, and decided to go with graphite. One was available at a dealership about 500 km away. They will have it delivered on Thursday, tint the windows, and have it ready for pickup on Friday! So excited!!!

I was thinking about taking the upholstery protection package since I have a lil one who tends to make quite the mess, but I wasn't able to find their "exlusions" anywhere. Anybody have any experience with these protection packages?

·
Registered
2020 Kia Sorento EX+
393 Posts
I had my heart set on a white one, but that proved to be verrrry difficult to find. Went in today and had a look at the other colors that were available, and decided to go with graphite. One was available at a dealership about 500 km away. They will have it delivered on Thursday, tint the windows, and have it ready for pickup on Friday! So excited!!!

I was thinking about taking the upholstery protection package since I have a lil one who tends to make quite the mess, but I wasn't able to find their "exlusions" anywhere. Anybody have any experience with these protection packages?
Upholstery protection is basically just a warranty against damage (for which they will do their best to find a way to not pay it by blaming it on you or giving some reason how you didn't stick to your requirements) and a can of scotch-guard that you could buy at walmart for about $6.00...
I believe the exclusions vary by dealer unless it is a kia specific package you are looking at.

·
Registered
2013 Rio SX Hatchback
417 Posts
All they really do to the upholstery is scotchguard it. Save a ton of money and do it yourself.

·
Registered
14 Forte SX Koupe,15 Soul EX,58 & 90 Rolls Royces,92 Mercedes 500SL
333 Posts
Scotchguard is for Cloth NOT Leather. Use hide food or leather treatment to keep the leather soft.

·
Registered
14 Forte SX Koupe,15 Soul EX,58 & 90 Rolls Royces,92 Mercedes 500SL
333 Posts
Forgot to add after 31 Years selling new cars" Protection Package" like "Documentation Fee" is just an extra Profit Center for the dealer & Pure BS. If you insist they will drop these bogus fees if you are ready to walk away from the deal.

·
Registered
2013 Rio5 EX w/ Convenience & ISG
293 Posts
Gentle reminder: the fabric is "YES" fabric and already has protection. And with a little one, a black bath towel makes an easy cover.

Congrats and enjoy it!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Like everyone else is saying, your sx will (and should) come with leather, so I wouldn't bother getting the protection. As well, again, you could scotch-gard the carpets yourself for a fraction of the price..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts