Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Sorenta
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2004 Kia Sorento, just bought it. love it. 3 minor problems:
1. When opening any door, the interior dome lights do not come on. They work when I turn them on manually and they are in the Door mode. It can't be the door switch, because the lights on the door work.
2. outside mirror (both sides) work only UP, not any other direction.
3. cannot get key in Hatch door, tried Wd40, silicone spray, etc, any ideas?

Thanks

·
Registered
I now drive a 2003 S-10 Had an 03 LX 3.5 Sorento
2,483 Posts
Look in the sticky section under diode. It gives a how-to for repair.

·
Registered
05 Kia Sorento LX 4x4
280 Posts
1: nstoolman hit it. See the Diode thread
2: sounds like the mirror switch may be faulty, since it's both mirrors
3: make sure there isn't anything jammed in there. If you are the second owner, and it's never worked, it may not be the origional hatch, and you've got the wrong key now.

·
Registered
2004 Sorenta
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for all the replies.
It seems the diode issue is the answer for my dome lights. I will scour e-bay for a new mirror switch and maybe play around with the rear hatch keylock a little more.
Thanks again

·
Registered
2004 Sorenta
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
still having problem with dome lights

Read the earlier post about the 6A10 diode, purchased one, tore out the fuse box, cannot find the diode anywhere near or around the fuse box on the drivers side fuse box. I suppose the diode is bad, but not where all the instructions depict. It's a 2004 Sorento and my fuse box looks like in the pictures, but the only thing I have in front of the fuse box is a big wiring harness. Even took the fuse box out, unplugged all the plugs and still could not find the darn diode. I suppose I have to find a wiring diagrom and chase it down that way, unless someone on here has run into the same thing and knows where it might be.
I also unplugged the battery for over an hour and my airbag light still comes on. I'm taking it to my mechancic tomorrow to have the belt changed, maybe he has more luck.
Thanks

·
Registered
2004 Sorenta
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm such a dope. Appearantly I missed the post about cutting the wire harness carefully and the diode is there. Off course it is. Used Radio Shack 6a10, replaced it and dome lights work great. Thanks for the step by step instructions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts