Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me again ! Sportage year 2000 DOHC 16v manual petrol UK.

Taken my MAF off to give it a clean and the reeds inside look like the drawing I've attached. I swear last time I looked at one of these the reeds were more or less the same length give or take a mm. In mine one is at least 6mm shorter than the other two.
My question is - is this normal or has a bit broken off ?
FYI. I never touch them when cleaning I always use an electronics spray cleaner (non residual)

Thanks yet again.

Attachments

·
Registered
Caribou, Otter, Buffalo
2,696 Posts
Those are heat sensors that are connected to a thermistor, one is normally shorter... Philip

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After a lot of faffing about trying this - trying that . . . it turns out that the maf shouldn't have a shorter thermistor. They should all be the same length. A replacement maf has cured my problem just like that !

·
Registered
Caribou, Otter, Buffalo
2,696 Posts
After a lot of faffing about trying this - trying that . . . it turns out that the maf shouldn't have a shorter thermistor. They should all be the same length. A replacement maf has cured my problem just like that !
Interesting, I have 2 working units both with uneven thermister probes.... Philip

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll take some pictures tomorrow when I get back so you guys can see the difference. . .
Just wondering where the little piece went - obviously down the throat of my beast !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts