Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Sorento EX V6 AWD Ebony Black
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found it on the Tucson, & Sportage basic radio. When turned on it will provide extra boost to the BASS level like a subwoofer. It has Off-Low-Med-High settings. If so, the info is in the owners manual, under audio settings.

If you like BASS, on 'HIGH" it will actually rattle the door panels when you play a song with heavy BASS, & crank the volume knob. On other songs, you may not even notice it's there, it's like BASS only on demand.

Check it out, and let me know if it's there?

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD & 2010 Hyundai Sonata SE
532 Posts
Yeah its there. When I had my stock speakers, it sounded like crap on anything but low. Even with the Bass adjusted it would still sound like crap.

With the Clarions, It made it sound a bunch better, but still not great (lets not get on another speaker debate)

It's almost like the feature was intended for the Infinity units. To provide extra bass from the Sub.

·
Registered
2015 Sorento EX V6 AWD Ebony Black
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Then your stock radio is like the Tucson, & Sportage. It's nice to have, and sounds ok, but I'm sure it would sound better with any aftermarket speaker.

Now, I'm curious if there's a stock subwoofer somewhere in the system? Or, if it's just freeing up the power in the amp?

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD & 2010 Hyundai Sonata SE
532 Posts
Then your stock radio is like the Tucson, & Sportage. It's nice to have, and sounds ok, but I'm sure it would sound better with any aftermarket speaker.

Now, I'm curious if there's a stock subwoofer somewhere in the system? Or, if it's just freeing up the power in the amp?
No subwoofers in the base stereo but if you get the Infinity unit there is a sub in the cargo area. I believe with us it's just feeding some extra power to the amp.

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,536 Posts
I have the Infinity sound system (with UVO) in my Soul - I think it sounds fantastic, however, there is still people that are not satiated with it and make changes. It does have the sub-woofer in the right side cargo area.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts