Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Soul + automatic
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am in my break in period and the first thing the manual says is to limit reving the engine.

When Eco is on, the engine seems to rev more before it switches gears. Am I imagining things?

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,236 Posts
Advice would be to keep RPM below 4000, so you shouldn't have any trouble doing that. It sounds as though ECO Mode is hanging onto the gears more than usual. Not what I thought it is supposed to do.

Here's an idea: If you think that ECO Mode is interfering with your driving intentions, why not turn it off? Reports differ on whether it actually does anything to the engine or if it's just a warning light for dummies.

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,532 Posts
I would not use the ECO system while in the break-in period (600 miles or 1000 km), you need to vary the speed as indicated in your manual. Wait till its over before trying it.

No its "not a warning light for dummies" it does tweak the engine and transmission for maximum economy, you can tell the difference in the way it drives its more lethargic in comparison to when its off. I've only used it for one tankful so far.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Soul+, Kia Sportage SX FWD
472 Posts
I am in my break in period and the first thing the manual says is to limit reving the engine.

When Eco is on, the engine seems to rev more before it switches gears. Am I imagining things?
Yes, you are imagining things.

·
Registered
2012 Soul+ ....It's the baby of the fleet.
56 Posts
I used the ECO mode once. It was so bad that I ended up over-riding it with the gas pedal just so it would get up and move. Second to worst tank, mileage-wise, ever.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts