Kia Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Sorento SX
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep wondering why the current and disgusting Sorento TV commercial continues being shown. It shows a highly arrogant and ignorant jerk who not only wears rubber boots to important business meetings but to get there on time he shows total disregard for safety and the rules of the road.

How? He apparently exceeds the speed limit while passing trucks on the wrong side of the road as he goes up a hill, with little to no visibility of oncoming traffic, having crossed the highly obvious solid yellow lines that, in every State and every Province, mean NO PASSING

·
Registered
2020 Kia Sorento SX, 2013 Hyundai Elantra GT Tech pkg. Former 2014 Kia Rondo EX Luxury,
284 Posts
I keep wondering why the current and disgusting Sorento TV commercial continues being shown. It shows a highly arrogant and ignorant jerk who not only wears rubber boots to important business meetings but to get there on time he shows total disregard for safety and the rules of the road.

How? He apparently exceeds the speed limit while passing trucks on the wrong side of the road as he goes up a hill, with little to no visibility of oncoming traffic, having crossed the highly obvious solid yellow lines that, in every State and every Province, mean NO PASSING

Which commercial is that? This one:

Looks like passing allowed here, and he is on the correct side of the road:

And he is driving just about 80km/hr.

Not sure what the problem is.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sportage. SX with AWD. 2.0L Direct Injected Turbocharged & Intercooled Gas.
1,270 Posts
I've not seen this ad in the USA.....must be Canada only?

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SXL
1,730 Posts
I don't see double yellow lines or high speeds on the speedo, either.
As for not changing shoes, hey -- he just makes it to the meeting on time after some doofus changed the schedule.

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SX
73 Posts
Speed is on KM and not MILES so his doing about 50mph and I guess thats fine for where he is driving. And the solid/dashed line is correct and he can pass from his side.

Nothing wrong with that commercial. Maybe the boots? But since I have never seen it either...cant say for sure he is a good dresser or not!

·
Registered
2019 Sorento SX L (FWD)
401 Posts
Can't get in much trouble with the 4cyl

·
Registered
2020 Kia Sorento SX, 2013 Hyundai Elantra GT Tech pkg. Former 2014 Kia Rondo EX Luxury,
284 Posts
I don't see double yellow lines or high speeds on the speedo, either.
As for not changing shoes, hey -- he just makes it to the meeting on time after some doofus changed the schedule.
Haha yeah, the guy is actually a hero who made the meeting on time out of a sense of duty! ;p

·
Registered
161 Posts
With 311 ft lbs of torque available, I'm pretty sure it would have no problem showing your 3.3 V6 its tail lights.
Having owned both, it wouldn't even be close. Certainly not at Mountain West altitudes at least. Forced induction for the win.

·
Registered
2020 Sorento 3.3 AWD
61 Posts
Never mind the driving... I just noticed that the driver isn't wearing a mask. 😎

·
Registered
284 Posts
Guy is missing plates as well. Car is obviously stolen!
WHY IS KIA ADVOCATING CRIMES!

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SXL
1,730 Posts
Was that a legal parking spot right in front of that building entrance?

·
Registered
2020 Sorento SX, 3.3L AWD
466 Posts
The mind boggles at the things we get upset about. How about worrying about the real world issues that are going to have major impacts on your lives instead of some silly commercial that hardly reflects any real-world situation and has nothing to do with your behavior or life? :rolleyes:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts