Kia Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Congrats !! Two new Borrego members in the exclusive club.

Good luck to both of you. I really appreciate when you give the final price of your purchase it's helpful to us still shopping. The jury is still out on my search. Can't wait till we start to see some pics.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well it's President's day. Lost one Borrego but there is another near by. They want 19.200. 35 thou miles. Can't seem to get them below that. 3K for my trade. That leaves 16,200K diff to pay, they will Certify it for that. Feet are chillin. Maybe it's time to sell the trailer and look at better gas mileage.
at 35,000 miles, if the tires are stock Hancock's, you could always ask for new tires to cement the deal, also I don't think 19,000 for a certified borrego is a bad price, we were 1500 less but for whatever reason our dealer had been sitting on two for over 6 months so I just hit them at the right time to get them to a move it now price

·
Registered
74 Posts
at 35,000 miles, if the tires are stock Hancock's, you could always ask for new tires to cement the deal, also I don't think 19,000 for a certified borrego is a bad price, we were 1500 less but for whatever reason our dealer had been sitting on two for over 6 months so I just hit them at the right time to get them to a move it now price
We had a similar situation-they actually dropped the price on it three times. We had been looking at Borregos locally that were $20K+ When this one dropped below $18K I gave the dealership a call and inquired about shipping to which they said no problem. With shipping, fees, taxes, etc...we're going to come out at a grand total less than the sticker price of dealers around here. The only thing we're really not getting is leather, which neither of us really care about it. The only bad part is today my truck (2003 Ford F350 4x4 7.3L Powerstroke Diesel) goes bye bye in order to finance the deal :( I really can't complain though. I paid $18K for it five years ago and sold it in a private sale for $6000 with dents, rust, and 195,000 miles! Gotta love diesels-it's just that there were a lot of good memories in that truck, but we're planning on making some in the Borrego now that we have a bigger family. Trips to Maine will be a lot more comfortable, that's for sure!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I picked up a used EX V8, and I was waiting almost 5 months for one to come available. The dealerships anywhere near me had none, and couldn't order one since they stopped making them :(
Well, I've towed up to 7,000 lbs (maybe more) without too much trouble, although the rear end sagged a bit and there isn't that much suspension travel. Other than that, I have yet to find a comparable vehicle under 50 grand. I love it. And Kia service has been outstanding. I also have a Rondo and talked my parents into a new Sportage. Kia is on it's way to setting the new standard like Honda had one time in the past....

·
Registered
8 Posts
2009 Borrego

I have had mine since Jan 2010 , bought leftover New vehicle I get about 22-24 mpg hyw. No issues at 32 k on the clock . Resale value is depressing.. but if you keep it till it dies who cares..

·
Registered
GSXR1000, Aprilia SXV550, Aprilia RSV4 Factory
146 Posts
Resale Value

Remember.. The "other side" of low resale price is, as a buyer, you are getting a lot of vehicle for the price. People who buy on resale value alone are putting the cart before the horse. Over paying on the purchase price is WAY worse than taking less at resale time IMHO.
That being said, I have no intention of selling my Limited. There is simply nothing out there that meets my needs better.
Robert

·
Registered
2007 Kia Rio5, manual, roll up windows. 1996 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4, 5.9L V8
343 Posts
I have had mine since Jan 2010 , bought leftover New vehicle I get about 22-24 mpg hyw. No issues at 32 k on the clock . Resale value is depressing.. but if you keep it till it dies who cares..
Hey, is that a 6 cyl? My wife is looking at a Chevy trailblazer, or a borrego, but with the TB being smaller and having an I6, they get about 22-26 hwy, I think it'd be really cool to get another kia if it really can get that good of mileage...

·
Registered
14 Kia Sorento (V6 EX AWD), 2013 Nissan Altima SV
293 Posts
I was at the Kia dealership getting some service done, and the used car manager mentioned that the Borrego is a much desired used vehicle. And when they do get one in, it doesn't stay on the lot very long. He asked me to sell mine to him if I ever think about replacing it.

·
Registered
Kia Borrego V6 EX 4WD Metallic Bronze, Hyundai Sonata 2.0T Limited
7 Posts
Hi ALL!!!! New to this forum, but I came looking for information and ended up finding some great reading and you folks just reaffirm my decision on buying a Borrego!!! I'm from Iowa and had a Honda Pilot with 170K miles and thought it was time to do something different, so we started looking and came upon this Borrego in Philly, PA. Worked out a deal and next thing I knew, I was heading "On a jet plane....didn't know when I'd be back again"....LOL...but flew to Philly yesterday morning and headed back home facing 17 hours driving and nearly 1000 miles. I got home this morning around 5:30 am after driving straight and stopping 3 times. I actually did enjoy my drive and for what I saved, was WELL worth my time. I figured I had approximately $500 getting it home with a cheap plane ticket and fuel. After just last night, I have fallen head over heals for this awesome vehicle!!! We got a 2009, purchased in January of '10 V6 EX for $18500.00 with only 18,300 miles...I couldn't believe it and thought for sure something was wrong with it, but really does look great!! and drives just as great!!! I LOVE it!!!! Wife washed it all up after I got home and told me I missed some rail rust....actually quite a bit of rail rust!!!! Even though it is Bronze Metallic with the butter cream color leather, we can still see the rail rust. My question to all of you, will warranty cover any of this?? I still have the factory warranty left. My other question is I'd love to get a set of running boards that are factory so they would fit right on, but I can't find any used ones online. Any way, thanks guys and gals for helping answer my questions!!!

·
Registered
Kia Borrego V6 EX 4WD Metallic Bronze, Hyundai Sonata 2.0T Limited
7 Posts
I forgot to add...I checked my mileage by hand a couple times coming home and fournd 21.5 and 23.97 mpg.....I was tickled to death!!!! These were both hand calculated and I filled the tank as full as possible.

·
Registered
2009 Kia Borrego EX V8 2WD
111 Posts
Congrats on your purchase. I think you will like it. That is a great price you got it for. As far as the rail rust, I would buy a clay bar kit and follow the directions. It is a lot of work to clay bar the whole car, but worth it. It will probably take care of the issue. I have running boards on mine and don't really find them necessary. They do help by keeping junk from splattering up on the sides on the vehicle but aren't needed to get in. I am up to 34,000 miles and enjoy it each time I drive it.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I took..

I had the dealer remove my running boards the first day I bought the truck. as they were in the way and I don't need them. As they are bolted on, it was easy. I sold them on craigslist for $200. I now have 40k miles and no issues at all. Enjoy. I sure do.

Congrats on your purchase. I think you will like it. That is a great price you got it for. As far as the rail rust, I would buy a clay bar kit and follow the directions. It is a lot of work to clay bar the whole car, but worth it. It will probably take care of the issue. I have running boards on mine and don't really find them necessary. They do help by keeping junk from splattering up on the sides on the vehicle but aren't needed to get in. I am up to 34,000 miles and enjoy it each time I drive it.

·
Registered
293 Posts
the warranty..

The anti perforation (rust) warranty is 5 yrs, 100k miles.

http://www.kia.com/content/media/en/manuals/2009_warranty.pdf

Hi ALL!!!! New to this forum, but I came looking for information and ended up finding some great reading and you folks just reaffirm my decision on buying a Borrego!!! I'm from Iowa and had a Honda Pilot with 170K miles and thought it was time to do something different, so we started looking and came upon this Borrego in Philly, PA. Worked out a deal and next thing I knew, I was heading "On a jet plane....didn't know when I'd be back again"....LOL...but flew to Philly yesterday morning and headed back home facing 17 hours driving and nearly 1000 miles. I got home this morning around 5:30 am after driving straight and stopping 3 times. I actually did enjoy my drive and for what I saved, was WELL worth my time. I figured I had approximately $500 getting it home with a cheap plane ticket and fuel. After just last night, I have fallen head over heals for this awesome vehicle!!! We got a 2009, purchased in January of '10 V6 EX for $18500.00 with only 18,300 miles...I couldn't believe it and thought for sure something was wrong with it, but really does look great!! and drives just as great!!! I LOVE it!!!! Wife washed it all up after I got home and told me I missed some rail rust....actually quite a bit of rail rust!!!! Even though it is Bronze Metallic with the butter cream color leather, we can still see the rail rust. My question to all of you, will warranty cover any of this?? I still have the factory warranty left. My other question is I'd love to get a set of running boards that are factory so they would fit right on, but I can't find any used ones online. Any way, thanks guys and gals for helping answer my questions!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
We bought our Borrego in July of 2010 without researching it fully. I guess you could call it an impulse buy. Usually this is a recipe for disaster but overall I have been pleased with the vehicle. What I like most is the engine performance of the V6 combined with the interior size and 3rd row seat. It's not as small as a Sorento, Not as big and hard to park as a Tahoe or Suburban. And not as pricey as a $30,000 Traverse.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts