Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Sorento LX V6 2018
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Called to cancel my 1 year bargain subscription to XM ($5.99 month + $1.27 in fees) because it was getting ready to convert to the $16.99 a month program. The operator immediately offered me another promo for 1 year at $4.99 + $1.06. At this price I keep the service, mark my calendar as to when to call to cancel again and see what the current program is. Makes me wonder if anyone out there is paying the $16.99 or worse, the $21.99 for the deluxe package. Or, are those prices just to make $6 a month seem cheap and so we jump on it? Or are there people who let several months go by at the higher rate because it's on auto-pay and that makes it worthwhile to SiriusXM?

Now the promo looks like it's 3 months free, 12 months at the $4.99 price for "new" subscribers which is what you are if you cancel today and call tomorrow (and at least they're not playing that game at the moment, just giving current subscribers whose subscription is ending the existing deal when they ask for it).

·
Registered
Sportage LX AWD 2014, Forte LX+ 2014
657 Posts
Personally, I never listened to it even when it was free for 3 months after cars were purchased new.
I like local radio, music off USB or via BT from my phone.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts